Stayed at the Golden Tulip Belas Artes for 4 nights last week. Here's my synopsis...
1. First thing I noticed was the construction going on behind a false wall adjacent to the lobby. Lots of pounding during all hours of the night. Saw some friends in the lobby expressing their frustrations at 3am and front desk staff said that the construction would be going on all night. Luckily for me, I was on a high floor and couldn't hear the noise.
2. No hotel bar. I guess this is being rectified by the construction.
3. 7th floor rooms were not upgraded compared to friends who stayed on lower floors. Bathrooms were in dire need of a makeover
4. Window didn't close all the way, which allowed bugs to enter the room.
5. Breakfasts were great. Lots of assorted meats and cheeses, eggs, fruit and coffee. Great juice selection too.
6. Pool is sort of pointless. It is in an enclosed glass dome and gets superheated by the sun and the greenhouse effect of the glass surroundings.
7. Fitness center on the top floor is tiny, but does the trick.
8. Proximity to Paulista Avenue is this hotel's #1 selling point. It is a 5 minute walk to shops, museums, parks, etc.
9. There is a small convenience store just across the street. Here you can find beers, drinks and snacks to bring back to your room.
Overall, I suppose I would stay here again, but only if some of the other nice hotels in the vicinity were booked. Sao Paulo has an extreme shortage of hotel rooms, so it can be difficult to find a place in a pinch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of São Paulo, just one block from Avenida Paulista and close to the Consolação metro station, the Golden Tulip São Paulo Paulista hotel is a heaven of calm and comfort in the middle of the city. The hotel's customer service follows the rigid and awarded Golden Tulip standard. Also, São Paulo Paulista has a sophisticated contemporary architecture and reinforces the commitment of guaranteeing the greatest experience during the guests stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Golden Tulip Sao Paulo Paulista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Belas Artes Hotel Sao Paulo
- Golden Tulip Sao Paulo Paulista Brazil