I stayed 4 nights from March 16th and just returned two days ago. I checked in detail all the reviews in Trip Advisor and chose this hotel since it looked overall fine without any cheating or fraud record by hotel staffs. Also because there seemed to be no dispute record regarindg payment at this hotel vs. other hotels, since I was a little afraid on what if the hotel says the payment is not made yet while we have paid all already before checking-in. Since I have read such cases or confusions from reviews of other hotels in Sao Paulo and this Golden Tulip Hotel had not such risks at least, I chose this hotel and it was just overall ok, not good level though.
1. Front desk or operator never pick up phones from rooms : The phone numbers of operator and reception were 1,2 and 3 according to hotel guidebook placed at the room. Even though I called over several times to receptions, nobody pick up. Therefore, I had to go down myself several times and had to talk in person to reception. Finally I heard the phone number of reception desk is '250', which was never provided by the hotel guidebook at the room.
2. The man at reception desk was very rude. : Mostly staffs at reception desks were junior ladies and they were okay. There was one man when I checked out at night and he was so rude, not responding at all on any of my questions or request of small favors. He just looked at me, almost staring me, without any small motion to listen or to help. I asked him to provide confirmation of staying this hotels since I need this, finally he moved his mouth saying 'no', and he finally said ' you have to ask your agent' . I know I paid to the internet hotel agent up front, but hotel could generate confirmation on my staying. He simply said 'no' without any consideration, just with rudeness. When I handed back the room key to him saying 'good bye, still he was with no word at all and just with harsh looking. I know he could speak English and he seemed to be the only male who could speak in English at reception. But his attitude was very humiliating without knowing any reason. (Other female staffs at reception at day time were fine. The ladies were able to smile and could listen. )
3. Wireless Internet is free for 20 minutes per day : This could be okay at least compared to all charges on any internet use. However, to use 20 minutes free internet, I had to go to the reception and requested each time ID and Password to use one time 20 minutes free internet. While receptions are not answering any phone from rooms, this is the reaon I had to go down all the time to receive each day's ID and Password again and again. They should have arranged at least more convenient way of daily free 20 minutes use of internet than this.
4. Environment : within 50 ~ 100 meters, there is main street, Avenue Paulista'. However, from this hotel to this avenue, there is bus stop and there are some people living on the street, asking money when I walked there, making me feel unsafe about the street.
5. Room : Matress is very old, soudning noise on any motion. Water for shower is not strong and was not movable shower hand. Overall old furnitures, though which was okay.
5. Positive things : Room size is spacious. Still location is easy to move around in Sal Paulo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of São Paulo, just one block from Avenida Paulista and close to the Consolação metro station, the Golden Tulip São Paulo Paulista hotel is a heaven of calm and comfort in the middle of the city. The hotel's customer service follows the rigid and awarded Golden Tulip standard. Also, São Paulo Paulista has a sophisticated contemporary architecture and reinforces the commitment of guaranteeing the greatest experience during the guests stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Golden Tulip Sao Paulo Paulista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Tulip Belas Artes Hotel Sao Paulo
- Golden Tulip Sao Paulo Paulista Brazil