“Bistro gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Vin Bistro

Le Vin Bistro
Ranked #293 of 38,207 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: French, European, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Jardins
Description: Authentic bistro, serving classic French dishes in a cosy and charming atmosphere. From early morning until late night.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Bistro gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Small neighbourhood bistro. Very welcoming, excellent food at good prices. Quiet. Popular within the Sao Paulo community

Visited April 2013
Gabriela F, Public Relations Manager at Le Vin Bistro, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear lucy l,

We're very glad to know that you enjoyed your visit to Le Vin.

Thank you for you recommendation and we hope to see you soon!

Morro de Sao Paulo, BA
“I loved the restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I went to the restaurant for lunch after many times passing by. What I great surprise! The food was very good, the price was fair and there was a nice waiter with Down's Syndrome who greeted us warmly.

• Visited May 2013
Dear Jose,

We're very happy to know you decided to visit Le Vin after passing us by many times and that you were pleasantly surprised.

The waiter you met is our commis Thiago. He's been with us for a couple of years and we're very happy to have him in our team. If you'd like to know more about him, please visit our blog at this link: http://ow.ly/lY2Od

Thank you very much for your recommendation. We hope to see you around soon!
Toronto, Canada
“poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

On February 09, 2013 I went to this place for the first time. The food is excellent, however the service is very poor. I was with my sister, her husband and her 5 years old twins. Server took forever to bring a high chair, there was about 5 servers behind us looking very bored, we never got a smile. The girls are very well behaved but looks like this is not a child friendly place. (We called before hand and told them we had children with us). It wasn't very busy inside, about 6 tables tables taken (I counted because I supervise a huge restaurant in Canada, and we get used to little details). I noticed that the REGULARS were approached all the time while our little table was left without any notice. My niece dropped her fork on her food, my sister called the server to change it, he took it and never came back with a clean one. My brother in law was drinking his beer and never got to fininsh as the server never came back to fill up his glass. We wanted to have some coffee, however, my sister was getting a little annoyed as she went to this place a few times with guests from her work. Anyways, because I was in Paris a while she wanted to please me and took me to this restaurant. The bill was expensive and she did pay as it was my birthday present. I did not know that the the gratuities were included on check, because I would not pay the service we never got. We left happy with our food, but definitely very unhappy with service. We appreciate not only good food, but a great service, not only because you are paying for, but to have a better ambiance. I guess the servers should be trained to be more kind towards the guests. I will not be back to this restaurant with my nieces. Would not reccommend to a family with kids.

• Visited February 2013
Gabriela F, Public Relations Manager at Le Vin Bistro, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Janete,

We are very sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience at Le Vin. Our waiters are trained to be courteous and attentive to clients at all times and children are very welcome at the restaurant. Babies, toddlers and kids are a very common sight at our premises and we appreciate that very much.

Please know your complaint was sent to the owners and is being investigated so situations like this don't ever happen again. We apologise for the incident and hope you and your family visit us again in the future. We are sure you're going to have a different experience.

Thank you very much for your time and comment. Our clients' opinion are very important to us.

Best regards,
“Always a good choice for french food in Sao Paulo”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Great french food with decent price. Huge variety of wines but they didn't have the one we asked. Portions have the right size and the pate served as starter was really good.

Gabriela F, Public Relations Manager at Le Vin Bistro, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Danielppa,

We're very glad to know you like Le Vin.

We're sorry to know the wine you requested wasn't on our list. It could have been the case that it wasn't available at that moment, as our wine list is quite long and varied. But if you would be so kind to let us the wine you wanted, we can investigate matters further and work on having it added to our options.

Thank you for your time and comment.

We hope to see you around very soon!

Sao Paulo, SP
“friendly bistro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is a nice place to visit to have breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a drink. We´ve been there for dinner and it was a pleasure. French menu and some international options, too. Nice wine choices, but pricesare a little bit high.

• Visited December 2012
Dear Carlos Alberto,

We're very happy to know you like Le Vin and that you have been here in different occasions.

As for our wine prices, we would like you to know that we are constantly working on offering good choices to our customers. Our list is quite extensive and varied, with prices ranging likewise. As well as bottles, we offer half bottles and wines by the glass.

We would like to thank you for your time and recommendation and we hope to see you around soon.

Best regards,

Been to Le Vin Bistro? Share your experiences!