“This is the 4th time we have been here”
Review of Yucatan

Yucatan
Ranked #1,059 of 38,738 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Itaim Bibi
Reviewed April 30, 2011

We have been here for dinner once and for lunch 3 times. The atmosphere is nothing to write home about but if you want to watch sports on TV then there is lots of that available. The menu is extensive. We had a set menu for R$37.95 per person with lots of little different dishes that were served, I was not full at the end of it though. And up the road for R$42 you can go to Si Senor for an all-you-eat so maybe that would be better value if you are hungry!
If you sit outside at Yucatan then watch out for all the mosquitoes, I got eaten alive and also got bitten once when we sat inside - they should spray!
The service is good but the waiters don't speak any English, nor is the menu in English.
The prices are o.k., comparable with other restaurants in this expensive area - Yucatan is cheaper than Si Senor though.
I can recommend the nachos supreme, yum, yum.
Drinks selection for non-alcoholic is very limited - just coke, 1 other soda and a couple of juice options (no fanta, no peach ice tea, no coke zero etc).
We would go back.

1  Thank Netty2010
There are newer reviews for Yucatan

Reviewed March 25, 2011

From reading the review of "Worst Mexican Food Ever" I can personally tell you that Yucatan is not bad, in fact after visiting many Mexican restaurants in Argentina and Brazil this is one of the better ones. Now if you want to compare to Mexico City (I have lived both in Mexico City and Sao Paulo for over 3 years) it does not come close to Mexican food from Mexico City, it comes close to more of American-Mexican food. The burritos are simple, not filled with all the pico de gallo, guacamole, etc., but then again that is more a Tex-Mex burrito. Try finding a burrito in Mexico City, they will tell you that is food from the North (Tex-Mex border). The food at Yucatan is delicious, different than Tex-Mex, and while not the same as from Mexico, it is very good. Remember, the Mexican food has been tailored differently in Brazil, but Yucatan fills that void when I need to eat Mexican food. Try the "rodizio" for around R$40 it's all you can eat.

1  Thank Traveling_Man02
Reviewed November 28, 2010

My husband and I were cruising around Juselino avenue and saw this Mexican restaurant and decided to "give it a go". In the end it was a bad idea.
We parked with the valet and entered the restaurant, the maître looked at in with a face that expressed a filling "Oh good I have to work!". We chose to sit outside as it was a beautiful day.
As always in Mexican I order a chicken burrito and my husband a quesadilla and some nachos to go along. For my surprise, when the food arrive, the waiter brought a plate with something that appeared to be lasagna?!?!?
The burrito I order is in fact very similar to the Italian Chicken cannelloni’s covered with melted cheese. Inside, just chicken, no rice, beans, Pico de Gallo, guacamole, nothing! Just chicken and Cheese.... What a disappointment.
The quesadinha was so and so I would say 3 out of 10.

1  Thank Rita_Picarra

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Campinas, SP
Reviewed July 18, 2008

It is the best Mexican food in Sao Paulo and, thus in Brazil. The best enchillada I ever had, though highly spicy. It is cheap, it is in a great location, the decoration is colorful, and the place is clean.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook