“Great fish!”

Neighborhood: Jardins
Sunnyvale, California
“Great fish!”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

First time I have bothered to review on TripAdvisor. I went in expecting mediocre sushi, and ordered a chef's sampler in the bar area. Ambience was a little odd, but the guitarist was pleasant, so I didn't mind. The sashimi and nigiri (Ahi, salmon, snapper) were top notch! The maki were just average. I ordered the maguro nigiri and was blown away- it was on a par with the sushi I've had in Japan. Highly recommended, but the quality doesn't come cheap.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank slabovitz

Balneario Camboriu, SC
“Average”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I took my wife to shintori after reading a lot of good reviews and recommendations from friends. We love japanese food so the expectations where high. The house is quite nice but a bit aged ( they have tried to put a modern touch with some nice colourful paintings , but it seemed a like a patch without sense to us...).
We were not very hungry and decided to go for the shintori menu, which is mainly teppanyaki with some sushi. As a summary, the teppanyaki was good, but not excellent. The dedicated chef was nice but did not bring any special addition to the night ( as in some teppaniaky places can happen).
The sashimi, very disappointing.
The service was just ok but we where charged with 12% instead of the usual 10% applied in SP.
So overall a bit disappointing.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank klausnation
Sao Paulo, SP
“Fantastic Teppan in a Great Atmosphere, Expensive”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The ambiance is fantastic with a magnificent japanese garden, very serene. There are several rooms and a lovely bar, but my favorite is the teppan room where a chef cooks individually for a table of 6 people. He is at the same time a private cooker but and a private show, mastering his stove.
The ingredients are superb and of excellent quality.
The only downside is the price.

• Visited January 2013
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Quality products deliver good food”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

On a Hibachi grill they deliver really good food. All product they use are of excellent quality and the Hibachi chef (Portuguese) is doing a skilled job. excellent dumplings as a starter and the teriyaki was superb. Good place to eat. Prices are quit high but for Japanese more than acceptable.

• Visited November 2012
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“good value”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

it is on the upper side, the kind of place you dress up to go. I think it was about 130 reals for the two of us. But it's got a fancy decor, good service, lots of courses, and very decent food. It was my favourite restaurant that I went to in Sao Paulo, and I tried quite a few.

• Visited August 2012