“Authetically Brazilian”
Review of Rodeio

Rodeio
Reserve with
Rodeio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #897 of 38,371 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Brazilian, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jardins
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
“Authetically Brazilian”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Our Brazilian friends took us to this restaurant for lunch on a Saturday. It was my favorite food experience in Brazil.

The atmosphere was a bit dated but in a good way. It felt very homey and the details in the decor exotic and authentic. The tiled wall detail reminded me of Portugal.

The presentation, especially the presentation/cooking of the rice right by our table, was great. The sides (onions in vinegar, tomatoes and other vegetables in a vinegrette) were a great complement to the meats. The meats - delicious but one of the cuts was bit tougher than I hoped. The salad was okay. It was like a slaw but the seasoning was somewhat bland. The rice was fantastic and basically made my meal! The rice had some crispy potatoes or something that added texture and flavor to the rice. And the beans were good.

All in all, it was a great Brazilian BBQ experience without the all-you-can-eat feeling.

• Visited August 2013

Brazil
“Unacceptable, for a restaurant charging R$90 for a piece of steak”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were taken to Rodeio by friends as a special treat and could not have been more disappointed with the quality of the meat. My husband and I chose to share a fraldinha, ( skirt steak) which we often BBQ at home and love for its tender quality. The meat we were served at Rodeio was tough and my bit was definitely overcooked and I left most of it. I would have sent it back but did not want to embarrass our hosts. I will not be returning.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank CaluBrazil
“Amazing steak house in São Paulo”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Really the best steaks and service. Location excellent too. Pricey but worth every penny. Everything ordered was simply superb in presentation and taste. Thoroughly recommended.

• Visited July 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
“Excellent food, but quite expensive”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The food was excellent, really have no complaints aside from the cost. The Picanha Fatiada for one person easily feeds a hungry couple. Everything was great and tasted awesome. My only complaint is the cost, which is abusive despite the great food.

• Visited July 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great meat”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Although the decoration of the Iguatemi unit is not really my favorite (the animal skin everywhere freaks me out) both that unit and the Jardins unit are very pleasant and have great meat and service. Just watch out for the (rather long) lines on weekends!

Visited January 2013