“One of my best meals in a long time.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amadeus

Amadeus
Ranked #41 of 38,108 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Brazilian, Seafood, Mediterranean, South American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Jardins
Barrington, Rhode Island
“One of my best meals in a long time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

I also wanted a break from meat. I'd a quick TA search near my hotel and found a highly ranked Amadeus (18/1105 when I found them).

Soon after sitting down, a plate with 4 pre appetizers are served. Between courses there's a palate cleansing sorbet. The fish cooked in coconut and palm oil was Devine and seems to be a favorite. There was at least one at practically every table including mine. The complimentary chocolates with coffee was interesting, it's chocolate dipped cherry tomatoes.

Service is impeccable.
Chef Bella speaks perfect English and greets every table and makes recommendations herself to some tables.

Really really good restaurant, but also very expensive. Think Manhattan steak house prices.

Worth every penny though.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank pvcnco

• Turkish first
denver
“Outstanding seafood restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

We had our first lunch in Sao Paolo at Amadeus. We had read the glowing reviews on TA and decided to give it a try. We agree with the raves that it receives. They gave us a lovely table by the window and Chef Bella came over to give us her personal recommendations.
I had the pasta with shrimp and my husband had the ceviche. Both were excellent. I had the tuna for my main and my husband had the fisherman's platter. Both were fresh and beautifully prepared. Our wine was great and seemed fairly priced. It is in the nice shopping area of Jardins and it was fun to walk there from our hotel. We would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JWRDenver
Sao Paulo, Brazil
“Simply superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Amadeus is a seafood heaven! The house has its own shell farm, from where everiday arrive oysters, mussels and the like. Chef Bella Masano, aside from being a very nice person, is highly creative and sofisticated. I would recomend special attention to dishes served in clay pots, like "moqueca", a tipically brazilian fish stew. Shrimp is fantastic, having even a "sinphony", a tasting menu dedicated to it. The wine list is very good. Service is perfect, corteous and efficient. I can't say it is cheap, but it is worth every peny.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank TAmemberSaoPaulo
Coconut Creek, Florida
“One of the Best restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I read the other reviews of this restaurant and decided to try it out. I am happy I did it. It is really a good restaurant. Indeedi will say is one if the best restaurants I have been.
Food is so well prepared and presented that only for that it's worth visit it. Quality is excellent and service is perfect. All staff is around you asking if you need anything. Not in a bad way, but in a very helpful way.
Highly recommended for anyone who enjoys fish, seafood, etc

1 Thank Alex B
Sao Paulo, SP
“Best Restaurant in São Paulo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

Amadeus has been for 25 years the best sea food place in Sao Paulo. Good wine menu all led by amazing chief Bella Masano.

2 Thank Rpompermaier