“if you do not mind the line...”
Review of Famiglia Mancini

Famiglia Mancini
Ranked #53 of 39,004 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Consolacao
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Famiglia Mancini has become such a traditional cantina in SP that it has become a must go place. That has led to long lines to get a table. if you go on Sundays around 12PM, that will not be an issue.That´s too early for the locals..

Reviewed October 18, 2012

My Sao Paulo business associates took me to Famiglia Mancini Trattoria for the finest in Italian cuisine in Sao Paulo and I was not disappointed. The atmosphere is very busy which was great since there was a wait for us. You must get reservations here due to its popularity; we didn’t. The food was excellent, the choices numerous and the service was absolutely impeccable. The wine selections were many and the selection assistance provided was top notch to go along with a full service bar to meet your mixed drink desires. If you want to impress business clients or take the spouse to somewhere special, this restaurant is the place!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The atmosphere, great menu, fresh ingredients, great people, everything is good. Get there early or you will wait for a long time in line. It's not that big. $$$

Reviewed October 15, 2012

I went to Famiglia Mancini with a friend and was expecting a huge line to get in. When I got there we left the car with the valet service (R$ 18.00) and got in without any wait.
- The antipasti was good, but a bit pricey (R$ 80,00 per kilo).
- Interesting atmosphere and decoration.
- Tables were a bit too close to each other.
- Service was very good!

Now the food... Very generous portions! You can easily share between 3 people.
We had a Beef Parmegiana and the meet was tender, but I thought that both the beef as well as the pasta were a little bit blend. We chose a Fettuccine with tomate sauce and thought that it really needed more seasoning. The pasta itself was a bit overcooked. Definitely not 'al dente'.

If they improve seasoning and pasta texture, they'll be a very nice place to go.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

When I started going to this place it was the one really best experience I had in São Paulo. Nowadays, they still preserve the great environment, the portions are huge and serve 3 people really well.
Something has changed. It does not bring you that feeling of having had your best meal in town. It really isn't. The service is a major downside, I wonder the workers are not being very well treated because the sensation I got is that the crew was not treating anybody really good for a known reason. I hope they get back to old standards. I will give it a try again soon.