“A charming and classy restaurant”
Review of La Tambouille

La Tambouille
Ranked #31 of 38,320 Restaurants in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Italian, French, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Jardins
Sao Paulo, SP
“A charming and classy restaurant”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

A charming upscale restaurant, open for lunch and dinner.
Pluses:
- Very good service
- Good Italian and French recipes
- Very good wine list
- Charming building
Minuses:
- Probably as expected for a classy, premium restaurant, it is not the place to go if you want to be surrounded by a hip young crowd.

Visited August 2013

sao paulo, brazil
“Great!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Great ambience, attentive service, fantastic nd tasty french and itlian menus. A favorite in Sao Paulo's best tradicional restaurants. Good wine selection. Do not go away without dessert.

• Visited July 2013
São Paulo, SP
“Absolutely the best restaurant in SP”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Fancy, but not frivolous. Expensive, but not unreasonable. Traditional, but not outdated. Hype, but not stubborn.
SP if full of great restaurants. Some are very expensive, some are too flashy, some are just to show off. Tambouille is just right. I have been a frequent client since I was 5 years old, thanks to my father. And I still go there for very special occasions.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Andre G
Queretaro City, Mexico
“A little pricey, yet a great restaurant”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I found out this restaurant was founded about 42 years ago. Located in an upscale neighborhood of Sao Paulo, this place offers a great lunch/dining experience (French-Italian). Rather than tourists, this restaurant seems to be mainly visited by local hi-end families. The place is maintained in excellent shape, offering a sober, yet cozzy atmosphere (and yes, I agree with other reviewers as it may be a great romantic option too). I liked the menu that was not overwhelmingly long, with a good variety of dishes. Staff service is excellent and they seem to have enough or more than enough personnel to assit immediately.

Meal portions come in at the right size (not large - not small). I ordered the Sea Food Risotto, and it was delicious. I felt prices to be a little on the high side, even for Sao Paulo. Expect to pay around 75 USD per person for 1 main course w/ dessert and coffee (no alcoholic beverages). I took half a star out because of this.

The other half star I took out is due to the fact that, when I asked for the check, the waiter asked me if I had my car at the parking lot. I got there by taxi, so I said I didn't have a car with me. Yet, the account came in with a 10 USD charge for parking. In no way I think the restaurant wanted to purposedly make a charge hoping I didn't notice, but I would definitely expect the waiter to verify the check before bringing it in, especially after he had especifically asked about parking.

Anyway, all to all, I would definitely recomend this restaurant, just bear in mind it is a little pricey.

PS: Wit this being a formal place, not a lot of small children were present.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jorge C
“The best in Itaim”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

French-italian restaurant, high level place, 5 star cuisine, created and owned by a Brazilian restauranteur known to be one of the best (he also owns Bar des Arts.). It is a place that is not visited by new-riches, it is really a traditional place,the kind where the clients arrive in cars with drivers. The food is obviously superb, but of course, it it an very expensive restaurant, be aware of that.