“Wonderful Seafood”

Lighthouse Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washburn, Missouri, United States
“Wonderful Seafood”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Wonderful family owned restaurant in a little out of the way place. The seafood is so fresh it is almost swimming. As an appetizer, we had the largest crab claws I have ever seen. They each took at least two bites! The shrimp and flounder were also wonderful. We were told that they have their own boats that bring in the seafood fresh from the Gulf. The staff were helpful and friendly. We go here every time we are traveling on I-10 through Alabama.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank danap765

“Quick Lunch, Great Lunch!”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Wanted to take my elderly Mother to lunch and with her being on a Gluten Free Diet, it is always a challenge! The waitress was extremely helpful, polite and VERY patient with my Mom! That spoke volumes to me!!!! Mom had grilled shrimp and I had Crab claws! Both were great! Those were the BIGGEST crab claws I had ever seen and I order them frequently! If you are looking for quiet and upscale, this is not your place. But, we were looking for great food and we definitely found it here!

• Visited February 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fresh shrimp, great service and good value”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

We come to the lighthouse whenever we visit my brother. You can always count on fresh fried shrimp. The whole staff is friendly but Wanda our waitress was incredible. Even though she was busy she provided us excellent service. We were greeted at the door by a very friendly woman named Shelly. Ask for them if you get a chance to visit. The prices are good and the seafood is local and very fresh. Definitely will be back when my travels take me that way again.

• Visited January 2014
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Potential to be 4 stars, but falls a little short.”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My wife and I had a pleasant lunch here, main food was pretty good..but....you knew there was a BUT coming........
I had the soup de jour, very tasty, but lukewarm. A hot version would have been excellent. Sending it back to get microwaved, would have messed up the nice things floating on top.

Salad was limp lettuce and old tomato, dressed in mayo. Wife's salad the same.
Noise::Phone, which is an automatic answerer ( I had called earlier ), never stops ringing, LOUDLY. Stay away from the front door area, and the noise won't be too bad..
I would go back and try some sea food. It is pricey for a humble place. Daily specials were priced just right.

Service was inattentive, but probably just a server having a bad day.

• Visited January 2014
Dauphin Island, Alabama
“About a 15 mi. drive from the Island, but worth it.”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

When we have company, this is our go to place.

The prices are reasonable, & you won't leave hungry.

My only bone to pick with them is that the fish on the seafood Platter, is Catfish.

If you're not into fried, you have options.

• Visited September 2013