GuestHouse Inn & Suites Bayou La Batre/Mobile
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Bayou La Batre/Mobile
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bayou La Batre
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Yikes! Make sure that all your vaccinations are current before checking in. Shower curtain falling out of wall and faucet hanging from the sink. Non smoking room reeked of smoke and "bubba-sweat" and I found myself sticking to the sheets when sitting on the bed. I complained to the owner who became very defensive and told me to turn on the AC to clear the room smell, not to worry about the repairs and room cleanliness. Aborted my stay and bailed to the local Comfort Inn for a long, hot shower, clean sheets and complimentary happy hour.

Room Tip: Now known as the GuestHouse International Inn
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank 6666OrangeCountyCa

Reviewed February 18, 2013

You could tell the motel had been nice at one time but nothing had been repaired in a long time. We had booked a Jacuzzi room and when we got there were told the Jacuzzi rooms hadn't worked in ages. Though they had failed to mention that the week before when we checked our reservations. In general the hotel is run down. We stayed the two nights we had paid and then moved on down to Tillman's Corner for the same price and had a much nicer motel. Also if you go there and there is no desk clerk in the lobby, try out back as she is probably smoking a cigarette in her car where she can't see the front door. Wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: Go to Tillman's Corner or into Mobile.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cindy F
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We got two rooms. One smelled like sewage. The air conditioner started to leak water all over our kids room. The hanging rack fell off the wall. The flat screen kept turning itself of whenever we tried to change channel. We notified owner and they never fixed anything. Bathrooms are filthy. I asked housekeeping for a broom to clean bathroom myself and they said they don't even have one. You have to run the water for about thirty minutes before it will work. So dont get in a hurry to take a shower. Internet doesn't work and the pool is closed! We booked for a week. It's just not worth the hassle. There are plenty of other hotels off the interstate!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Campersonly
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The hotel has recently been remodeled. The bed is extremely comfortable, and the TV is brand new. Very big spacious room. It's July and the AC works great. However I do have some major problems. The WIFI doesn't work at all, and the door doesn't like to shut and lock. Also the housekeepers don't clean the bathrooms very well. I went to the store, and bought bleach to clean the bathroom with. The room was nice, and clean just not the bathroom.

Room Tip: Corner room is very large and extremely sunny. There is a (very small) balcony and the sun shines ri...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Nice comfortable clean room, friendly service. Close to eating places and stores. We were there for a weekend vacation were able to go to Blessing of the Fleet. There was a lot of noise one night from other people staying but not enough to discourage us from staying there again. Close to stores and to eating places.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Unbelievable as it is , I have to travel to Bayou La Batre on business sometimes. I stayed here once and that will be the last time ever.
The room just felt dirty the minute I walked in. The first night, there was a very crowded and loud party in the room above me and I'm pretty sure that's where the 3 am obscene phone call came from.
In my morning shower, I could see the dirt from the carpet on the bottom of my feet running down the drain as black water. When I left my room to go to work I was accosted by a shirtless drunk.
When I got in that night I flushed the toilet and it rose to the lip of the toilet and thankfully stopped. The desk clerk told me there was nothing wrong with the plumbing, then admitted there was a plumber on the way.
The carpet somehow seemed to get dirtier during the week, or maybe I was just getting paranoid.
There is very little to eat in town except fast food or fried food and the rest of the week was not not much different from the first 24 hours.
There are plenty of hotels by the interstate.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Captsteve15
Reviewed November 9, 2010

In-room central air unit contaminated with mildew-like black spots (see picture).

In-room coffee pot filthy with dust and dirt.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank Leonredbon

Been to GuestHouse Inn & Suites Bayou La Batre/Mobile? Share your experiences!