“terrible”

Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Santos
Varna, Bulgaria
“terrible”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

very bed furniture in the room; terrible badroom; noisy ; bed ventilation; no hotel cosmetics; not nice breakfast room;

Room Tip: not sure is there a good room
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank ElenaKZ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Atlantico Hotel should close and make a total refurbish. Rooms are so old and terribly noisy. Its impossivel to rest, specialtly in front street room.
I asked to have my room changed ate 1 am, because I couldnt sleep until that time. They did, the nouse decrease outside but in the corridor...
Besides of noise, bathroom looks dirty and furniture looks from 60'.
I asure that is possible to find better place to stay paying less.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Paulista05

Travelers are raving about these Santos hotels

London
Reviewed October 14, 2011

My advice is to not stay here.

The rooms are stupendously noisy from the traffick outside. Its beside one of the main streets so the traffic continues throughout the night. The windows are old sash windows that do no close properly so this makes it worse.

The rooms are from a very badly decorated 1950's. Seriously, they haven't been done up since. Truely disgusting.

The 'internet' doesn't work.

Except for its location, this hotel has nothing going for it.

Room Tip: Don't get one on the road side.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Businesstravellerr8
Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Completely overpriced hotel. A great location facing the beach, though the view from most windows is of the side street. The room was barren. A double and a single bed, a desk with a hard plastic chair from you grade school days and a small TV. Nothing ornamental adorning the rooms... not even a clock. In the bathroom just one small peice of soap.... and the toilet took 1/2 hour to fill up again.
When we complained at checkout we weren't even given an apology. The front desk clerk looked like he hears these complaints everyday.
Breakfast was simple but good. The hotel was clean.
if this hotel had cost R$100 I wouldn't complain. but for R$225 I expect some conveniences. Would never stay again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tourmanage
americana SP
Reviewed September 29, 2008

We looked at the internet and we thought the rooms looked fine.We liked the idea of an old hotel.
So we booked directly.186 reals per night.
We arived at the hotel and the rooms we got were awful,old badly kept.Clearly the hotel had not seen a new paint e.d. for years.

We asked for other rooms,the ones we had seen on the internet,and they gave us another room,but we had to pay more.208 reals per night.
The room was bigger but didn´t look like the ones on the internet eather.,the towels old,just the smallest piece of soap you can imagen,just one tiny lamp on one bedside table and the windows,very dangerous to open and close,as they were old old old,which is normal in a old hotel,but they were badly kept,and some parts broken,which made it even more dangerous to open and close.Not one chair or table to put things on.......
The shower part hadn´t been done for maybe 50 years or so,nothing to put your stuff on,in the shower a rusty old hanging thing to put shampoo on.

The breakfast was fine,lots of fresh fruit.And the restaurant was O.K.

We didn´t like the hotel at all.I thought they cheated us through the internet by puting nice foto´s of the rooms from mayby long ago.
We had to pay a lot of money before we arrived,wich we will never do again.....

So this was a very bad experience.........
We never will go back to this hotel again.Too expensive for what we got.

Mrs. L. van Setten. Holland.

• Liked — The breakfast.
  • Disliked — the bathrooms.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank LiekeamericanaSP
Curitiba, PR
Reviewed August 24, 2008

This very old hotel is one of Santo's oldests. I stayed here cause I had a good price, comparing to other options in Santos. Overall, hotels are very expensive in this port town.

I got what I paid for. Despite being very well attended in the reception, always with a smile when checking in, installations were poor, pillows were awful and Internet access was very slow and unreliable (wireless and free, however).

I stayed in the second floor, which is next to a mini roof on the outsided, and I was afraid of leaving my notebook in the room, since it has no safe. So, I opted of leaving it in the reception when lefting the building.

Breakfast is kind of weak (reminded me of Ibis), but included in the rate. So, ok. Car is parked nearby like a valet, not in the hotel.

Worst for me was the shower. Damn awful and no water pressure at all. Attendees told me the hotel has pressure, I asked them to check the shower but nothing was done.

I wouldn't like to stay here again, so I expect to find other cheap options in Santos in the future.

• Liked — Price and location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Antonio_Borba