“Pretty descent hotel”

Slaviero Essential Guarulhos Aeroporto
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Guarulhos
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I came in at 1130am but they didn't have a room ready for me and they wanted to charge me around 50 dollars to check in early. Check in is supposed to be at 2pm.

I decided not to pay and wait at the lobby. Shortly after that, some other staff came to the lobby, saw me waiting and got me early check in. That was very nice.

Room is very spacious, very clean. This place is definitely better than others in the area like the Mercure just down the road. I'm definitely coming back again.

Stayed: November 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,098)

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Really loved staying at this hotel. It was great because it is a 15 minute drive in shuttle (included in your hotel fare) from the airport, so it was NOT noisy at all!! The people at the reception are really caring and want to make you feel comfortable. I was SO grateful for Kaique, that he could speak several languages!!!! He could understand English and Spanish, and I also heard when he was mastering French, speaking to another costumer. The rooms are nicely decorated and newly remodelled. I had a magnificent night sleep, as the beds are really comfy. The rooms are designed very good so everything is neat. The breakfast buffet was really good, lots of variety and nice quality food!!! So, for me it is easy to choose next time in SP!!! Highly approved!!

Room Tip: If you can ask for a room high up it would be a bonus!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at Slaviero Gurarulhos once before and decided to book it again for a one night stay, as I had a very early flight and long trip to Melbourne ahead of me.
This was a very different stay from the previous one.
I had requested a quiet room, away from the lifts. which I got.
Unfortunately, the other guests above and around me didn’t get the memo! They were extremely noisy, slamming doors, dropping things on the floor, pretty much until 2:30AM.
I managed a couple of hours of sleep before my alarm went off at 5:15AM.
I had booked the free shuttle to the airport, for 6AM, which was very handy.
My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was compact and clean and had some nice toiletries. The towels were old and small for my liking.
The television in the room was as I remembered, old!
Overall, it was a disappointing experience, so I won’t be staying at Slaviero Guarulhos again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you need to sleep close to San Paolo airport, this hotel is perfect: it is very nice, clean, with comfortable beds and offers a lovely breakfast and a very good coffee!
It is connected to the airport with a shuttle.
Prices are fair.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Simona P
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The great aspect about this hotel is that it is a new building and the rooms are also pretty new. They provide a good breakfast and van service to the airport every hour. I suggest planning your schedules ahead in order to go to the airport, because depending on the time that you leave, you can get heavy traffic and take up to half an hour to get to the airport.

Room Tip: Try to get your room in higher floors (at least above the 5th floor). Traffic in the morning is pret...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mauricio S
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed there overnight to catch a next morning flight from SP-Guarulhos airport. It is 15 minutes (and R$45) away from the airport, but this drive could easily go up to 30 minutes if caught in rush hour traffic. So, plan transit times accordingly. There is a shuttle bus back and forth to airport every 60 minutes, but it was impossible to find its stop at the airport, nor figure out its schedule, so we took a cab. Apparently, it departs passed 5 minutes every hour from the hotel nowadays, but better check with reception and adjust your planning accordingly.
Otherwise, our room was large, clean and well-furnished; the reception area is humble; the breakfast is basic by Brazilian standards. Hotel is located in a middle-class neighborhood, with little or no nearby attractions.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This hotel is located in Guarulhos city, near the Sao Paulo International Airport - it is an excellent choice if you don't want to go to Sao Paulo downtown to avoid the chaotic traffic any time of the day, especially during rush hours. Guarulhos city is a good city with a good infrastructure, hotels, restaurants, malls, etc., so you can find almost everything you want.
I had an early flight so I decided to spend one night at Slaviero and that was a good decision. I left Sao Paulo at 8:30PM and arrived at the hotel about 9:45PM - the check in experience was good, fast and friendly. Location is good, easy to access from "via Dutra". The room was large and quiet with a nice bed, large LCD TV, nice bathroom.The central air conditioning is noisy. I had a good night of sleep, no problems. I went to the breakfast at 7:30AM, it was not crowdy, good enough selection of food, breads, fruits, juice, coffee, etc. The check out is slow and a lot of people to check out, so I recommend being patient and arrive earlier for your check out. I took the free shuttle to the airport at 8AM (they have shuttles every hour) which was good, it is a large bus, comfortable. They drive back to "via Dutra" and take the exit to the airport, travel time was 20 minutes. If you miss the shuttle bus, there are taxis available for R$40-50 (USD20-25). The hotel fare was less than R$200 (USD100), which was very cheap compared to the Marriot which is much closer to the airport but I don't think it is worth its price. I highly recommend the Slaviero and I'm considering to stay there more often (just plan for more time at check out and perhaps ear plugs because of the air conditioning)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business