“Terrible service”

Pullman Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Guarulhos
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Standard airport hotel, boring room, boring views, but most often than not it is only for one night. Bearing that in mind, and your flight ahead or your long flight there, it is not acceptable to have to wait one hour and a half for your food at the lobby bar. It was packed and with only 2 staff. I had to order my food at the counter and when it arrived it was cold. Not impressed...

1  Thank Paula D
Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've tried a few of the hotels around Guarulhos International and this one was the most pleasant. My stay was purely for a few hours' sleep between flights and to have a good breakfast. The hotel ticked both boxes very well. The front desk is very friendly and fluent in English. Late checkout allowed without an additional charge, which is great for transit stops. The rooms are basic but then again no one goes on holiday to the airport. It is well suited for purpose

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ColdAvis
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was provided with a free day stay at this hotel by my airline when the flight was delayed by 12 hours. A short trip from the airport in their bus, the hotel is in the hinterland that sometimes surrounds airports. Nothing of interest in the surrounding area and could be desparate if in the hotel for longer than a day.

There is an all pervading smell of cooking when one enters the hotel. The smell gets stronger nearer the service lifts. On the wall behind reception is a plaque announcing an award for best airport hotel in South America.

The rooms were OK, if a little battered and in need of some careful decorating tocuches. As I was only there for the day, I did not experience an overnight stay; but I did manage to sleep for several hours.

Included with my stay were two vouchers for buffet meals in the main restaurant. It is rather mean to complain about the food as I did not pay for it, but the buffet was not very exciting. The meats and vegetables were only lukewarm.

If in the Sao Paulo airport region again I would look elsewhere for a hotel. Although the Caesar Park is OK, I would like to consider other options.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Antarctic
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This is a really great airport hotel, a 10 minute shuttle ride away from Guarulhos International. It's an ideal place to stay, if you have a short sleepover between flights.

I was only in the hotel for one night, but the room was superb (spacious, huge bed, very high quality bedding and pillows and an elegant bathroom with a large walk-in shower...), meaning that I enjoyed an excellent night's sleep.

Room service was efficient and the food was pretty good, but one quibble: they add 8 Reales Service Charge to your bill, automatically, if you order up to your room, which meant that I didn't give the waiter a tip - which made me feel pretty mean: but, do they really expect people to pay double for service? I think the hotel should review this policy.

Overall, a great short stay hotel - highly recommended.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I finished my last meeting early and my return flight to the States didn't leave for 10 hours. I booked the least expensive room at the Caesar Park ($200.00 US). Well worth the money spent.
Excellent staff in all areas. Was able to work during the day with the free wifi. Rest by their nice pool. Dinner at the buffet and a few drinks before the free shuttle to the airport. Great solution to waiting all day at the airport. Recommended.

1  Thank USShredder
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is good for overnight stay near GRU airport. Needs some renovation & cleaning. For overnight stay it is good place at Sao Paulo airport. Transportation from airport to hotel is excellent, just right outside the departure terminal.

Room Tip: Try to get higher floor room
1  Thank nhlivefreeordie
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed for one night on our way to Foz de Iguacu. Very convenient, shuttle right outside the exit at GUR airport. Driver insisted on loading our luggage (heavy and big) himself. Short drive to hotel where porters were on hand offloading our stuff and taking it to reception. We were directed to the top floor special reception where check in was fast and friendly and we had complimentary coffee.we had a deluxe room with a king bed facing the small lake in front of the hotel. Good size, nice bathroom and no noise in our 5th floor room. We also had breakfast in the special lounge/dining area at reception. Lady at reception very helpful with our travel arrangements once we realized we had to get to another airport the following morning for our connecting flight! She arranged our transport there etc. it is also a beautiful hotel with its large plant filled atrium stretching right up to the top floor. And the bed was fantastic. Only thing strange for us was the lack of coffee making facilities in the room, but it seems like this is maybe common practice in Brazil?

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Travelers also viewed these Guarulhos hotels
Hotel Panamby Guarulhos
#3 of 18 in Guarulhos
City Center
Mercure Guarulhos Aeroporto Hotel
City Center
Ibis Guarulhos
Ibis Guarulhos
#8 of 18 in Guarulhos

Been to Pullman Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Pullman Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport

Address: Rodovia Helio Smidt | Acesso Base Aerea Cumbica, Guarulhos, State of Sao Paulo 07190-100, Brazil (Formerly Hotel Caesar SP Int. Airport)
Location: Brazil > State of Sao Paulo > Guarulhos
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Business Hotel in Guarulhos
Price Range: $147 - $211 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Pullman Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport 5*
The hotel is located adjacent to the Sao Paulo International Airport and is only 30 minutes from the capital's financial center, making it an excellent choice for executives traveling for business meetings, events and conferences. The hotel's luxurious guest rooms offer a comfortable and sophisticated atmosphere for relaxing after a long day of work. There are 14 meeting and special event rooms, accommodating up to 1200 guests for a wide variety of events. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Accorhotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pullman Sao Paulo Guarulhos Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Caesar Park/Caesar Business Sao Paulo International Airport Hotel Guarulhos