“Great weekend escape” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels in Guaruja
State of Sao Paulo
“Great weekend escape”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

My wife and I were there last weekend. The room we got (second floor, no external external) was too small however functional and clean. The staff was very friendly and the hotel is placed in front the best beach of Guaruja.
Great restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor with view to the ocean are the best, but spicy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rqcarvalho

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

Here for business in town. Neat little boutique hotel across from beach and close to good restaurants. Room spotless and functional. Very quiet. Breakfast good. Service good. Nice break during the trip.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Roger61Texas
san francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2011

I recently stayed here with my young daughter. we were first given a room on the ground floor with a sliding door that went right out to the street. I asked to be moved upstairs which they made happen.

breakfast ended at 10AM and often my daughter was still sleeping so I couldn't leave her. they were kind enough to bring food to our room. there is no real restaurant on-site but they do offer breakfast and some light snacks. our dvd player didnt work and they quickly replaced it.

the location is great - right across the street from the beach. beach towels are provided and then will set up an umbrella and chair for you on the beach. there are a couple of great restaurants within a short walk.

on our final day the woman at the front desk accused me that my daughter ruined the sheets with her markers. this was not the case and it was done in a very accusing manner. definitely a put-off.

overall, for what you are paying (not a lot), the place was very clean and for the most part, the front desk was very helpful!

Room Tip: the ground floors have a sliding glass door that opens right to the street. there is a little patio...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank jennifer k
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

It was a clean good hotel with friendly front desk staff but our Brazilian friends who paid less than us for rooms got an ocean view room but we were in a regular room. The hotel was on a quiet beach and offered beach services for a fee. Overall, nice and clean but should have been 1/2 the price we paid.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Sumun
Chile
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

Maybe I’m spoilt as I usually stay in capital cities in good 5 star hotels which mostly are quiet, have room service, good internet and comfortable rooms – I think the Falls Hotel falls down on all these. Brasil generally is tops in “most expensive bad hotels in the world” and this was probably the least worst in Guaruja especially considering the cost of alternative hotels. This hotel has a very sterile feel – all white concrete, white ceramic tiles, walls painted white, white bedspreads etc etc . I think the reason is because of the humidity in the summer, helps keep the hotel cool and is easy to clean. Because of all the concrete/ceramics, and then it is an open plan, it becomes a bit of an echo chamber and sound travels through the building so you hear the TV etc of the rooms from around the hotel. The bed, furniture, shower(I always got a hot shower no problems) were functional but feel cheap. I had a room on the side facing a house and it should have been nice and quiet but I was really surprised at how much road noise there was plus the occasional boom car – duf duf duf. Add to that there is the Kiosks on the beach - the noisy kiosk wasn’t the one in front of the hotel but one about 500m down the beach and it as duf-duf-duf again from 9.00am Saturday morning onwards – like an African drum inside your head that you can’t get away from. It is such as pity Brasil is so noisy – the locals must just be used to it. To top it off there were the loudspeakers around the rooftop pool which were playing music the week I was there at night up until 10.00pm which I could hear in my room(why have loudspeakers around the pool – I don’t get it – plus its winter and there was hardly anyone in the hotel or pool). Even after all my complaints about noise this hotel was considerable quieter than the Hotel Mendes or the Parque Balneario. The beach is quite nice – an early morning swim before the crowds/jetskis arrive is quite a delight. I didn’t realize there is no room service which was my mistake - I’m on the road solo for business and the last thing I want to have to do is go out to restaurants by myself. WiFi was surprisingly fast for surfing but when I tried to download files it would disconnect me – I had some large files to download - 45 to 80mb and it wouldn’t let me do it – it just disconnected me after about 2 minutes – I suspect this is one of those controls to stop people downloading movies etc. The staff were mixed – there was a young guy on the front desk and he was great but the other two girls I dealt with were just disinterested. These are the sort of very basic hotels they have in brasil which are just for sleeping - you need to go out all day eating and drinking and just use these hotels to crash– if you spend too much time in these rooms you can go a bit stir crazy. There is not much else on offer around Santos/Guaruja – I stopped in to have a look at the Casa Grande but it looked very ordinary – the hotel I would like is the Sofitel Guaruja but it was fully booked and even if I could of gotten a room it was R$1050/night. Even though my review is critical I would probably stay here again as I just couldn’t see anything better.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
6 Thank munizaga
Vila Velha, ES
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2011

We travel around a lot (business and pleasure) and stay therefore many times in hotels. That is why we know how the Brazilian hotels normally are: very clean and without flair. For that reason I was looking forward to this hotel after all the positive feedback from other guests even if it was pricey - I thought I would encounter something modern and at the same cosy as for example in Caribbean beach towns. Oh what a disapointment: The registration desk is a mixture of a ticket counter and watch guard platform. The ceiling in the first floor is low and claustrophobic. The poor decor - if any - is right out of a IKEA shelf - probably the "designer" had a quick look in a magazine as a afterthought. All the material used gives the impression to be cheap. The second floor looks more like a hosiptal hallway: the only decor is a sign saying "No noise after 22.00". When I came to my room there was cat urine smell and since there is no desk I put my computer on the fridge. The noise in the night was terrible since there is a lot for boats right besides the hotel and the boats were moved around with the help of tractors and lorries. With regard to the friendliness of the staff: it was just average and nothing special. Next time: Hotel IBIS again there I know what to expect and to pay the right price.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Doffa
chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2010

This hotel was impeccably clean and service was superior. The staff at the desk was more than helpful they gave 200%. The location was great. The breakfast had a good selection and food was nicely prepared. I do not usually give great review but this place deserves it!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple