“Great Place”

Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Guaruja
Lima, Peru
“Great Place”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This Sofitel, in addition to excellent service, good food is very well located. The site is charming and this comes at a certain cost.Great place to enjoy a long weekend and forget all daily worries. Personnel is first class and more than willing to help if need be.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

SofitelJequitimar, Manager at Sofitel Guaruja Jequitimar, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
We very much appreciate the response of our survey regarding your stay at the Sofitel Guaruja Jequitimar. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be extremely pleasant.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed March 10, 2013

For the second time I've stayed in this hotel for business. Right on top of Guaruja sandy beach together with pool area, is a plus if you go there for leisure. Facilities also try to take advantage of prime location, like the restaurant balcony overlooking the bay. But having in mind poor construction, some areas require maintenance. Room area was large, comfy bed, basic furniture and apparently clean. But bathroom shows signs of some deterioration, with several mold spots at shower area. This is not at all acceptable for a hotel charging in average over US$ 400 per night. Restaurant was fine if you are a Buffet fan. Breakfast was good with a wide variety of choices. Service at a average level. Altogether nothing that justifies the classification of a 5 star hotel or even Sofitel brand recognition.

Room Tip: Room with balcony with sea view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank E V
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I was at the Sofitel for a week on a business congress. First thing I noticed was that nobody speaks English and it was a very difficult check in. The place is good, but not worth usd 300 the night. I have paid that amount for a Four Seasons room and there is a world of difference. Food was just edible, but maybe that was because I am used to great food.
Temperature inside the meeting rooms was too cold and a lot of colleagues got sick because of the contrast when stepping outside.
Beach was amazing.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Lizzete S
SofitelJequitimar, Gerente at Sofitel Guaruja Jequitimar, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
We very much appreciate the response regarding your stay at the Sofitel Guaruja Jequitimar.

Porto, Portugal
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed in Sofitel Guaruja during a long weekend in Brazil. The hotel was clearly fully booked and overcrowded, which severely impacted the service they were able to give guests, which was not at all magnifique
The hotel itself is very well located, right on top of sandy Guaruja beach, and it was designed in a way it takes advantage of that prime location. Facilities are good, the restaurant has a nice balcony overlooking the sea, the pool area is nice and well taken care of.
The room was large, comfortable and clean. Bed and shower were also great. The only drawbacks were that (i) I got a ground floor room with street view, which meant I had to have the curtains closed all day to avoid being watched and (ii) light was scarce (I could hardly read at night).
Unfortunately service was not good: check in was hurried, we had to wait in line for breakfast, and bar attendants were inattentive. For example, I wanted to have a room service item outside the room, and I couldn’t get it. I understand the hotel was fully booked, but a 5* hotel must be ready to deal with such a scenario (e.g. create a secondary lounge space?).
Finally, I also did not like to be charged 6 usd for renting a DVD, when the room guide said a DVD library was “available” at the concierge desk.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms in the ground floor with street view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank worldtrav11
We very much appreciate the response of our survey regarding your stay at the Sofitel Guaruja Jequitimar. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guests.

California,USA
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights for business reasons. The rooms had very basic furniture and an extremly basic bathroom. If this is a 5 star hotel, how many stars a Four Seasons hotel should have??. BTW, please check the pictures and decide by yourself...
My room was clean with a nice beach view but pretty noisy due to a poor quality of balcony doors. Be careful: in my room I could not lock the balcony door and , in theory, this could allow ( bad) people to enter your room very easily.
Wi fi works well almost everywhere and signal is strong and stable. If you careful look of some of the pictures I have taken, you can clearly see that some maintenance and some deeper cleaning are urgently needed...
Staff members were friendly but few of them speak english.
Let me also say that meetings rooms were pretty dirty and tired too.
Food at restaurant was OK ( even if I hate the buffet food in general) but breakfast had too few choices.

Overall, this is a good 3 star hotel...

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank giogio42
SofitelJequitimar, Manager at Sofitel Guaruja Jequitimar, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
We very much appreciate the response of our survey regarding your stay at the Sofitel Guaruja Jequitimar. I will share your comments with our team. One of the main goals of this area is the constant development. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
UK
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Good location in a sandy bay. Rooms are spacious and beds and linen are very comfortable. Bthroom spacious and shower area very good. Friendly and helpful service. The pool area is super. We didn't like a buffet meal served every evening. It would have been nice to have an al carte restaurant as a choice. L'Espices, the French restaurant, closed half way through our stay and that would have been our evening restaurant of choice.
Overall an enjoyable stay but should look at an a non-buffet restaurant for the evening.

Room Tip: Choose one overlooking the bagy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TACUk
SofitelJequitimar, Gerente at Sofitel Guaruja Jequitimar, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thanks for your feedback. We will be expecting you very soon!

Best Regards,
Genoa, Italy
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed in this hotel 2 weeks ago, me, my husband and my 2 children. First of all, the children don't get bored here, the pool is great and all morning the animation people keep the children entertained with games and activities. Then the kids have a special restaurant that serves delicious and nutritious food - I tried everything! - and it's inside the kids club area. This is very practical, since you can leave your kids there to play or with nannies - if they are too small - and then go have lunch or dinner in peace! Also, this reduces the number of children in the main restaurant, so the meal times are super pleasant and stress less. The food is wonderful! Then the beach is also great, very safe for children since it's not deep or too rough and very clean. Actually the room and all hotel spaces were spotless clean, incredible for the hotel area is very big. The beds were super comfortable, and all seemed very new or very well maintained. The staff was great, polite and helpful. I can only recommend this hotel 100%! The only thing though is the price, it's high! but all in all me and my husband thought it went all to great use since we all had a wonderful time there!

Room Tip: choose a pool/sea facing room for sure!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SofitelJequitimar, Manager at Sofitel Guaruja Jequitimar, responded to this review, February 19, 2013