“Nice beach, convenient location, OK hotel”
Review of Ferraretto Hotel

Ferraretto Hotel
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Guaruja
finger lakes NY
“Nice beach, convenient location, OK hotel”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Ferraretto was recommended to me by a Brazilian colleague; I've spent most of the last three months out in the countryside of Minas Geiras (sp?) so the beach sounded good.

Late September is just the end of winter in Brazil, the weather forcast for either Ouro Fino or Guaruga was iffy, but why not?

Check-in was painless; I had a confirmed reservation, for a superior room. The room was OK, but smelled somewhat sour. I turned on the AC for a while, and tried keeping the window wide open, neither really ever eliminated the odor. After a few minutes in the room, no problem, but each time I returned I noticed the smell.

The bed was quite comfortable and had a great assortment of pillows and a light cotton blanket, which was all I needed, window open or AC on.

The room lacked a comfortable chair so I had to make a good nest-of-pillows to read on the bed.

I ate dinner all three nights in the hotel. 1st night, I was quite well satisfied. 2nd night, there was a problem with the bill, they overcharged me and it took some time to work out the details; and the 3rd night (even though there were no other guests in the restaurant) nothing seemed to work well. No wine, then oh yes, we have one bottle, then none; I gave up on the wine. Food was OK, but not spectacular. Sea food 1st two nights was meh; 3rd night I had a Piciana steak (Sirloin) and it was good.

All in all, if I were to return to Guaruja, I think I'd take my chances on a different hotel. Ferraretto sure could have been better.

Room Tip: At least in late September, perhaps the non-superior rooms would give a better ventilation, as they...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stayed 3 nights at Ferrareto Hotel with a group of clients during a congress at Guarujá. The hotel is a little bit old, but I think that the rooms were refurbished couple of months ago. The bathroom was quite new, as well as the furniture. The restaurant is very good, with fresh fish and friendly staff. But maybe you would like to try other restaurants around, as the location is central. The service is not bad, but during my check out they took more than 15 minutes to check my mini bar! You certainly have better options in Guarujá, but Ferraretto has a good cost x benefit relation.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank TadeuArc
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed January 14, 2011

We just enjoyed our stay, very well situated near the fantastic beach...the food was exellent, and the staff very kind...... michael and annette

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank puttejohn
Travelers also viewed these Guaruja hotels
Grand Hotel Guaruja
#11 of 25 in Guaruja
Hotel Ilhas do Caribe
Hotel Ilhas do Caribe
#1 of 25 in Guaruja

Been to Ferraretto Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ferraretto Hotel

Property: Ferraretto Hotel
Address: Rua Mario Ribeiro 564, Guaruja, State of Sao Paulo 11410-192, Brazil
Location: Brazil > State of Sao Paulo > Guaruja
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#6 Family Hotel in Guaruja
#6 Romantic Hotel in Guaruja
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Ferraretto Hotel 3.5*
Traditional hotel , extremely well located on the beach of pitangueiras in down town of Guaruja, near malls, shops , banks, restaurants , bars and nightlife of Guarujá. With complete infrastructure to meet in a unique way , pool, sauna , restaurant , bar, lounge , full beach service , all apartments with air conditioning, LCD cable TV , mini bar, electronic safe , hair dryer , Kit customized ameneties , trousseau engaging and delicate, simple decor , makes our guests have the best of what in good answer. Ferraretto Guaruja Hotel, your home away from home! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ferraretto Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ferraretto Hotel Guaruja, Brazil - Sao Paulo