“Disappointing”

Ranked #3 of 40 Hotels in Campinas
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Disappointing”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

If you are even fairly concerned about cleanliness and hygiene. .this hotel will disappoint. They use the hotel bath soap to clean the bathroom sink and taps. They clean the bathroom once a week. I doubt that they cleaned the shower at all. The floor is not swept or vacuumed daily...by the end of the first week dust and hair accumulated in a small pile...I thought they would get the hint...eventually I removed with tissue paper. If u use glasses from the mini bar. ..guess what...u have to wash them yourself. ...with the bath soap. ..as was gesticulated to me by the Portuguese speaking cleaner. Breakfast area smells bad...like omelette and noodles...I asked for a meat free omelette and found ham in mine. Breakfast area looks like a school canteen. The one positive thing. ..once forgot my cell phone at the breakfast area...it was returned from the to me by a staff member. That was great. The hotel is very expensive. ..for this rate and comparing internationally...this hotel is more like a lodge than an upmarket stay. Reception area also drab and poorly laid out.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Korean first
Athens, Greece
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was impressed with the hotel, as I have traveled allot in Brazil standards do vary allot especially with what you get in Europe, Asia and the US. There are also not the same deals as in other countries. Brazil is an expensive country and over the years I have had my fair share of dodgy and unpleasant hotels throughout Brazil and this was definite not either of those. The other hotels I have stayed in in Campinas were terrible and even the Ibis was not the same as in other cities so to date this is what I would say is the best.

The good things here at the Vitoria were rooms are quiet, clean, large and well equipped. I had plenty of power sockets and as I had my apple airport with me I discovered when it was plugged it in the internet (which was free) was so much better than the wifi. A kettle in the room would have really made me very happy but as I was working and was not in the hotel allot.

Breakfast was OK, the omelet station did make it for me and the fruits of course as expected were very good.

Yes I would stay here again, the staff were very pleasant and professional and as there was a big International Medical Convention I could see they were kept busy but always made time to be courteous. My Spanish did help me communicate allot as some staff were not fluent in English and my Portuguese is poor but I got what I needed.

I did not get time to check out the gym or pool but did see they had that to offer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed September 11, 2013

In Brazil standards are not inline with the price you pay like in Europe. So overall this hotel is good but for the same price anywhere else you get more service and more quality in general. But this is maybe the best option in Campinas.
The rooms have a big size but they look a bit outdated. Bathroom with shower, king bed, TV set, table, minibar and you get a daily cleaning service very efficient for Brazil.
A small swimming pool is available but the water did not look very clean. And there is a very well equiped gym.
Breakfast is average as the product quality could largely be upgraded whether it's the bread, croissants, jam etc...
The reception personnel is just kind but could widely improve too. If you ask question about the city, the area etc they don't know what to say... was I disturbing...
You can leave your car as there is a very practical valet parking so no worries there.
Last but not least the italian restaurant of the hotel will delight you despite outrageous prices, the food is really excellent and you shouldn't skip it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank fox67Barcelona
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I spent 3 nights on a business trip. It is an annoying hotel.
Rooms ars not nice, service is bad, outrages charges (slow internet is free, reasonable o e will cost you 35 real a day), breakfast hall looks like a hostel public space (I have nothing against hostels).
In general, it is time that the hotel mangers would re-consider the internet matter.
It costs nothing to the hotel and it is absolutely necessary for everyone nowadays.
It is part of the service!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Giovanni17
Memphis, TN
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The hotel was fairly nice for an international hotel and the location was great.

My single room was equipped with 2 twin beds, Sofa, Dining table and TV. The room was adequate in size and larger than I anticipated for Campinas. The room was fairly quiet, except for the weekend noise from Brazilians having fun on the street. Roof service was excellent - The Americana Burger (with egg) was great and the surprisingly the papaya cream was the best I've had in 10 different locations in Brazil. It was good enough that I had to get it again the next night!

The breakfast was excellent. In addition to the traditional continental breakfast, they also were making waffles and omlettes per your request. There was even a noodle station for the Asian traveler. Typical Brazilian breads and cakes were available as well.

The restaurant boasts 3 restaurants, but I didn't eat as any of them. However, just around the corner was a wonderful restaurant called "Mama Maria" that had a great selection on the buffet.

There is an adquate fitness room, but I must admit I didn't use it during the week. There is also a small lap pool .

The price isn't cheap at the hotel (400 $R and up) but I felt very safe and had a peaceful several days of sleep.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have been to this hotel twice. It has very good rooms, fitness center is very well equiped and has very good restaurants ( italian, japone, others ) Botow line, if I were going to campinas, i would really consider this hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed June 19, 2013

It's been the worst experience I ever had, after travelling 20+ countries in the world for businesses. My employer held a 4 days and 60+ executives event recently and I want to tell the story:
- Employees hardly speak English at front desk and restaurants. I had service people coming to my room to fix stuff, and they did not understand a word I said, both Spanish or English
- I arrived 10pm: No conergie, no iron available, no pressing /ironing service available so I had to wear my crunched shirt in my 1st day of event
- I asked for power converter (the one they use in Brazil is a 12v 3-teeth). Not available, "all are occupied"
- Newspaper: No, at front desk there is only one (just like a far-away country side hotel, ah?)
- Complained? Yes. Guess what: They challenge each and every argument I had and made me feel like I was a stupid guy lien all around he place
- Price /quality ratio: less than zero, and that is being optimistic: USD 180 in a country-side city? Crazy.
No way I will ever come back to the hotel. This is way the worst service I ever received.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Memo Q
Also consider these accommodations in or near Campinas
Vitoria Express Dom Pedro
City Center
Royal Palm Tower
Royal Palm Tower
#12 of 40 in Campinas

Been to Vitoria Hotel Concept Campinas? Share your experiences!