“A decent hotel, not a good location.”
Review of Mercure Campinas

Mercure Campinas
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Campinas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I stayed here for work, and due to a change in plans, had to switch rooms for the last night. The first room was fine, bathroom was a little dated but clean. The floors are all wood laminate, and in the heat of brazil, was really nice. The second room was not as nice, it was a twin bed room ( which was fine but I don't prefer), but the bathroom was not as nice. I did check in late, so I didn't ask for a new room (I'm sure the staff would have moved me, they were very nice).

Flat out, the savings on this hotel's rate is the location. I was told by my local hosts not to really go out in that neighborhood at night. I had gone out the night before they told me that, and I picked up that feeling as well.

Room Tip: Higher floors were nicer, I think all the outlets were 220, but you didn't need an adapter. Iph...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Rodrigo C, Gerente geral at Mercure Campinas, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Client,

I've shared your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope your next visit will be better than the previous one.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Checked into Hotel Mercure to relax during Carnaval in Brazil. The hotel was basic - not really fancy or luxurious. The breakfast buffet was very good, but it was supposed to be included in our promotional deal, yet we were charged $30 each for each day we had breakfast. The valet parking was tedious, at best - very slow and inefficient. The swimming pool area is nice, but too small and easily crowded. The tv system was really terrible and we were unable to watch the Academy Awards ceremony as the show was broadcast on a channel which was not carried by the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Rodrigo C, Gerente geral at Mercure Campinas, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Campinas. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Location: central.

Cleanliness: very good, 4/5.

Facilities: there was a pool & gym right up on the top floor, visited but didn’t swim. Looked good though. 3/5

Food: breakfast was very good, 4/5.

Bed: good, 3/5.

Staff: good, 3/5.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room, as the hotel is in a corner of 2 noisy main streets
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LuckiestCouple
Rodrigo C, Gerente at Mercure Campinas, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Dear Client:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Campinas. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

Pros: nice staff, spacious room, free wifi

Cons:

safe didn't work in out room

breakfast is extremely expensive for the quality of food - R$30 per person,

220v voltage all over the hotel which almost made me burn my hairdryer!

The bathroom although cleaned, smelled like mold

TV without HD channels, only analog

the hotel charges for local calls made from the room phone and finally

it's not safe to walk around the hotel at night!

• Stayed: February 2014
Rodrigo C, Gerente geral at Mercure Campinas, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

Mercure Campinas

Reviewed December 15, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Rodrigo C, Gerente geral at Mercure Campinas, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Reviewed November 30, 2013

My stay took place in October 2013. I was in town as part of a wedding group. That group stayed in a different part of town but I stayed at Mercure because it was less expensive than where the other group stayed. At first impression the surrounding area is unappealing and intimidating, but after getting more familiar with the area, the neighborhood does have offerings with restaurants and a park with a little bit of a zoo in walking distance. I felt safe walking around during the day. The main part of town is about a 10 minute taxi. The room itself was a standard hotel sized room and the bathroom and main area was very clean. My main takeaway was the desk staff who spoke English ( and let me try to speak Portuguese ) and offered me help with taxis, a delivery of an ironing board and other services. I found them to be very friendly and attentive to my needs. The hotel has free internet by the front desk and the breakfast was included which was very good with sliced meats, fruits and pastries. The pool is on the roof and the views of the city from the pool deck was quite enjoyable. The hotel exceeded my expectations and satisfied my needs for my stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Rodrigo C, Gerente geral at Mercure Campinas, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Brian,

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week as part of a bigger group. Over all good hotel. Rates seem rather random when booked trough our agents team members boking before and after all got very different rates for same period and rooms.

• Stayed: October 2013
Rodrigo C, Gerente geral at Mercure Campinas, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Johan M: