“Not good not bad”

GreenLeadersGold level
New Rochelle, New York
“Not good not bad”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Pros: nice staff, spacious room, free wifi

Cons:

safe didn't work in out room

breakfast is extremely expensive for the quality of food - R$30 per person,

220v voltage all over the hotel which almost made me burn my hairdryer!

The bathroom although cleaned, smelled like mold

TV without HD channels, only analog

the hotel charges for local calls made from the room phone and finally

it's not safe to walk around the hotel at night!

• Stayed February 2014
Rodrigo C, Gerente geral at Mercure Campinas, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Campinas. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

Mercure Campinas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Turkish first
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed November 30, 2013

My stay took place in October 2013. I was in town as part of a wedding group. That group stayed in a different part of town but I stayed at Mercure because it was less expensive than where the other group stayed. At first impression the surrounding area is unappealing and intimidating, but after getting more familiar with the area, the neighborhood does have offerings with restaurants and a park with a little bit of a zoo in walking distance. I felt safe walking around during the day. The main part of town is about a 10 minute taxi. The room itself was a standard hotel sized room and the bathroom and main area was very clean. My main takeaway was the desk staff who spoke English ( and let me try to speak Portuguese ) and offered me help with taxis, a delivery of an ironing board and other services. I found them to be very friendly and attentive to my needs. The hotel has free internet by the front desk and the breakfast was included which was very good with sliced meats, fruits and pastries. The pool is on the roof and the views of the city from the pool deck was quite enjoyable. The hotel exceeded my expectations and satisfied my needs for my stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Rodrigo C, Gerente geral at Mercure Campinas, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear Brian,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Campinas. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week as part of a bigger group. Over all good hotel. Rates seem rather random when booked trough our agents team members boking before and after all got very different rates for same period and rooms.

• Stayed October 2013
Rodrigo C, Gerente geral at Mercure Campinas, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Johan M:

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on business in late SEP. Standard room, nice. I had dinner in the restaurant - very good. But location not the greatest place. If you want a nicer location, stay at Tryp Campinas - in Cambui area, about the same price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ron T
Rodrigo C, Gerente geral at Mercure Campinas, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Ron T,

Rio
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed two nights in ti Mercure hotel Campinas downtown.
A little expensive, around U$160/night.
The rooms are good. Restaurant with good buffet (U$20) and good service forthe drinks.
Be aware if yu need a taxi it will have to wait around 10 minutes for it, maybe more.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BragaA
Rodrigo C, Gerente geral at Mercure Campinas, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Mr. Braga:

Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Well, if you think that an executive hotel should be unpleasant, forget it ! This is a very good hotel, with rooms with good size, large LCD TV, very good wi-fi speed and quality, excellent breakfast and the service is realy very good. If you are in business trip or with your family !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Rodrigo C, Gerente geral at Mercure Campinas, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Client,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Campinas. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Gerente Geral