“The bathroom was so cool! ”
Review of Lagundri Campinas

Lagundri Campinas
Ranked #17 of 4,219 Restaurants in Campinas
Cuisines: Indonesian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Bosque
Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

There are two rooms one with regular seating and we sat in the floor seating. The food was really good, not authentic but I enjoyed the twist of Thai and asian fusion style. My friend told me that the bathroom was so cool so I decided to check it out too and yes it was absolutely incredible, it feels like a spa inside a spa. If this confuses you, you’ll just have to go check it out yourself!

Date of visit: May 2019

Reviewed April 8, 2019

For a few lucky of us that are able to travel to Thailand, they can have the real thing. But for most of us that can't have it, we have Lagundri.

If you are in Campinas and want to taste a piece of Thailand, then I recommend this place. It's a well-decorated Asian restaurant perfect for a couple's night out.

Thai food, as they say, is aphrodisiac, not sure about that, but who cares when placebo effect works fine anyway.

You can go with meat, fish or shrimp. Drinks are very unique as well. Also, you choose your pepper level, from 0 to 4.

Reviewed March 31, 2019 via mobile

Poor menu, the restaurant is very dark, you almost can’t see your food, price high for that kind of food

Reviewed March 27, 2019 via mobile

Visited the sister restaurant with the same name in Curitiba a couple of years ago ans really the quslity is the same alrhough I preferred the decoration of the other one.
The food is excellent and the personnel very helpfull.
This place will not be a deception

1  Thank koenv104
Reviewed December 1, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went to dinner here for our 16th anniversary. It is decorated simply and beautifully in Asian style. I am a huge fan of Thai food but am not a fan of cilantro so was taking a risk. I let our server know that I didn't want anything prepared with cilantro. He made sure to verify with the chef on each item. Though I had to change my appetizer twice, I was more than happy to do so to avoid a dish that I was sure I wouldn't like. Service throughout the evening was great.

The menu is very interesting. As an appetizer, we had the koonghompha, 4 shrimp wrapped in tempura wrapper and deep fried. It is served with a sweet relish that is pleasantly spicey. A very good choice......and no cilantro.

My wife had the hoisin prawns and I had the kill bill sweet n sour. You can specify the hotness of your dish on a scale of 1 to 4. My wife chose 2.5 and I chose 2.

The prawn dish was great. It comes with two types of shrimp. Two large prawns on top and smaller ones mixed with the stir fry. Normally, the two on top com whole and unshelled but she asked to have them served clean. I though the large shrimp were a little overcooked but otherwise the dish was very good. I thought the hotness was perfect but my wife though it got to be a bit much getting into the meal.

My dish was a sweet n sour pork using tamarind to give the sweetness. It was extremely tasty. The pork was lean and tender, though I think the pieces could have been larger. I would have liked the 2.5 hotness.

The meals have pleasing presentation with red pepper garnish.

I had a Horny Pig beer (500ml) and a diet coke while my wife had an alcohol free fruit cocktail and a bottled water. The total bill with tip came to BR$291.00. See pic.

I will be going back to this restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank Brett C

Been to Lagundri Campinas? Share your experiences!