“Wonderful apart hotel”

HB Hotels Alphaville Sequoia
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Barueri
“Wonderful apart hotel”
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this apart hotel for few months for a business trip to brazil. This apart hotel was wonderful and homely. Service staff was awesome. My family visited me during this stay and this hotel is very good for family or couples as well.

• Stayed September 2011
PDohnert, Manager at HB Hotels Alphaville Sequoia, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Traveller,

First, we would like to thank you for choosing HB Hotels Sequoia and the opportunity to receive you as our guest.

We would like to thank you for your comments about our services, and to our team, highlighting the quality of our services and care.

On behalf of the staff , once again, thank you and hope to welcome you soon!

Best Regards,

Pedro Dohnert
Operational Manager
HB Hotels Sequoia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Fleetwood, Pa
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I spend three weeks per month in Alphaville. I spent one week at the Quality suites. Would not go back. The rooms are tired, the security not very good (there was a door between the restaurant and the elevators that was always open, giving anyone off the street access to guest rooms. Not a good thing in Brazil. Anyway also tried Radisson, Quality suites, etc. I was constantly aggravated by things in the room that didn't work, rooms that smelled, etc. I once changed rooms 3 times in one day at Comfort - the maintenance there is terrible.

Finally tried Sequoia and now I feel like I am at home. The staff here is outstanding and most of them speak English (for those who need it). But the great thing about this place is the rooms. Each room has a small kitchen, and a bedroom separate from the living room. I consider this an apartment, rather than a hotel. It is much more comfortable and spacious. The restaurant is simple and the food is pretty good. Normally I eat elsewhere but when I can't leave the hotel the food is just fine (and I am picky). And now for the bonus - you stay at the Sequoia and pay about the same as the (non) Quality Suites and less than the Radison. If you are in Alphaville for more than a couple of days, you owe it to yourself to stay at the Sequoia. You will enjoy it.

One last thing - I saw something on this web site showing other hotels "close to Alphaville". Trust me, some of these places might be 30 minutes away on a Sunday morning, but during the week they are a minimum of an hour away and very often will be two hours. If you are working in Alphaville or Barueri, stay there not in the center of Sao Paulo! Which brings me back to, if you are staying in Alphaville you should be staying at Sequoia.

Room Tip: There are three levels of rooms here. Standard, Lush and Executivo (I believe that's the high e...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Mike H
Dear Mr. Hom,

Thank you for your review and considerations about our services.

We are always considering every comment that we receive as a opportunity to improve our services and always offer whats best for our guests demands.

It is always a pleasure to receive you as one of our guests.

Best Regards,

Pedro Dohnert
Operational Manager
HB Hotels Sequoia
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights in business. I found this to be an ok place to stay.

Reception staff was very helpful and spoke English pretty well.
Room was nicely furnished and spacious and a free wifi access. Bathroom quite worn out.
Breakfast was ok, but not very wide selection. Freshly prepared fruit juices were good!

Otherwise the facilities are quite average, nothing special. Tv in bedroom was very small and selection of English tv channels is limited.

Room Tip: try to get a room from the upper floors, less noice from the streets
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Sasuto
Mesquite, Texas
Reviewed September 29, 2010

This was my second stay at the Sequoia, first time was in February for 10 days. Very reasonable rates, comfortable room, great staff. Did not have an alarm clock or radio. The AC is in the bedroom, which is OK if you do not mind the humidity in the summer while working at the desk in the Living room. 1 TV in the bedroom, I prefer it in the living area and they moved it for me. Just means no TV while trying to doze to sleep in bed. Very few amenities (Iron and board, clock, etc.) Not a bad stay, but I think I will pay a little more to upgrade to the comfort next trip, especially if my Wife travels with me.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Off_to_Brazil
Mkt_HBHotels, Front Office Manager at HB Hotels Alphaville Sequoia, responded to this review, November 4, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure to welcome you back at HB Sequoia. Some amenities are only available in our luxury and Vip Categories, but we offer Iron and Board complimentary for all guests.
Obviously a guest who stays in a hotel will look for a place to fell at home, and we work hard to meet this expectation. I look forward to welcome you back “home”, with Kind Regards - Pedro Döhnert
London, England
Reviewed May 1, 2007

This place was booked for me by a local colleague so was ideal for just walking to the office. The rooms were nice and clean, very spacious and it's more of an "aparthotel" than a regular hotel so the rooms have got kitchenette facilities.
I wouldn't really recommend it if you want to see a lot of downtown Sao Paolo as Alphaville/Barueri is quite a way out of the main city (as a Londoner, Sao Paolo is one of the only other world city that has awed me with its scales, Mexico City is another...) The area surrounding the Sequoia Residence feels very safe and "Americanised" compared with most of the city and has access to some nice restaurants and a good supermarket with an amazing variety of fresh fruit.

• Liked — Rooftop pool
  • Disliked — Nothing to dislike
  • Stayed May 2003, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)