“Slow service for lunch, bar is relatively relaxed in evenings” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: City Center
Seattle, Washington
“Slow service for lunch, bar is relatively relaxed in evenings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

This restaurant has closed and is no longer open for business.

There were some good items on the menu, such as the risotto de funghi but service was very slow for lunch on more than one occasion. All in all it was a nice space and a good spot to unwind after going to some of the other bars/clubs in the area.

• Visited March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing service, food was OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

My main complaint about this restaurant is the waiter who tried to unsuccessfully upsell to a more expensive bottle of wine by telling us the bottle we wanted was not available. I don't like this kind of underhanded treatment in a restaurant. Magically the bottle we originally asked for appeared after we said we didn't want any wine. Hmmm.

As for the food, the tapas was OK. Some of the dishes were more successful than others. The mixed raviolis were nice. The beef with parmesan and basilico were nice too. The mains were a bit disappointing.

The room itself was very nice and it would be nice if the food could do justice to it. Unfortunately the room was quite empty, but then it was a Monday night, so that is understandable.

The exceptionally good looking maitre d' was also a delight, though this made no difference to the food obviously.

I wouldn't go back unless I heard the food had improved.

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Victoria, Canada
“Authentic Italian Cuisine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

The restaurant has an open courtyard that you walk through to reach the stairs up into the restaurant. The first impression when you walk is in the door is coolness (from the AC) and atmosphere. It is a nicely appointed space. We were warmly welcomed and invited to choose our seats. We sat at a table for 2 by a window overlooking part of the yard. There were two offers for Almoco (lunch). One was the Rodizio Italiano lunch and the other was a Filet Mignon, scalloped, with roasted potatoes. We decided to go for the Rodizio as it offers a greater selection of plates to try. The first plate was rolls, made in house, with carrot pate. I found the pate a little bland but the bread had a good flavour. The next dish was cannellini beans with tuna, onions and capers - wonderful! A small bowl of greens, fresh grape tomatoes and thinly sliced red onion arrived soon followed by some cooked zucchini, cauliflower and carrots. An egg salad made with quail eggs in a mayonnaise dressing with walnut pieces was a little heavy on mayo but had a nice underlying flavour. Roasted eggplant and zucchini followed. So far this meal was following a traditional course offering. A small piece of fried fish with two slices of zucchini was the fish course. I chose not to have this because it was fried. My partner enjoyed his piece but said the zucchini was the best part. It was drizzle with Balsamic vinegar. The pasta course was Penne Puttanesca. The waiter had noted that I did not have the fish course and advised me there was fish in the sauce on the Penne. I was ok with that and the Penne was fantastic with freshly grated parmesan cheese. There was a risotto course also which I sampled a small amount from my partner's plate. It was tasty however I am not a fan of risotto. My partner enjoyed his and had more! It was delicately flavoured with parmesan and herbs. The meat course was a lightly roasted pork tenderloin piece with a mustard sauce. Very yummy! Dessert consisted solely of vanilla ice-cream and it was wonderful with our espresso. All in all one of the best restaurants we have been to. We will be sure to return. Note that lunch during the week is less money than on Saturday. They offer rodizio every day, Monday to Saturday, with a different selection every day. Well worth it!

• Visited February 2012
Curitiba
“It Could be better!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

This place has a great potencial, but it seems that something´s missing.
The decor is nice and trendy..lot´s of White acording to the house name, the food is good but not great, the staff is friendly.
But what I'm not sure is:
Is the place a restaurant?Or a lounge?
For a restaurant it should be more warm and cozy, for a lounge it should have more people and music...in both cases something is not quite okay yet!

• Visited January 2012