“Nice room and �� facilities!”

Il Campanario Villaggio Resort
Ranked #11 of 94 Hotels in Florianopolis
Belo Horizonte, MG
“Nice room and �� facilities!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

The IL CAMPANÁRIO in Jurerê Beach (Florianópolis, SC) is a very good resort, extremely well located, with very nice rooms and very good facilities! Excellent choice to rest and relax...
The only disappointing thing is the view... Despite it's very close, unless you get a very high floor, you can hardly see the ocean...

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Be aware! If you are looking for a 5 star hotel, this is not yet, it might be on the price, but not on service.
This hotel, despite having an extremely expensive daily rate, is far from a luxury hotel . There is a total lack of professionalism and hosting skills coming from management and its team.
To summarize, I had stuff stolen from inside the room and no action from management was taken. After it was proven (through reading that door lock) that a housekeeper member entered the room, even with the sign " do not disturb" on the door, nothing was done. At checkout , when we already that evidence, they even had the gall to ask me if I had the receipt of the stolen item.

The manager , Andre Nalini even came and talked to me, but it seems like my case was not important enough to him, since he soon left and asked me to send him an email about that. I left the hotel, paid everything, sent the email, and so far, I didn't receive any apologies from them.

I have had other problems in restaurants that are not that unpleasant and right away I was granted with some kind of apology.

DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL, you run the risk of having your stuff stolen and even questioned if you have the receipt for the items. They will also argue that you should have left your stuff in the in-room safe, that means that your entire luggage is supposed to fit there, otherwise, they are not responsible, since you didn't use the safe!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Pryscilla L
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This hotel is very close to Jurere beach. We stayed in a "Buzios" kind of apartment. It was great to have a fully equiped kitchen and lost of space in the apartment.
I took my baby and husband in this trip. They provided baby crib.
The food service provided by the hotel is excelent. The breakfest was amazing with lots of kinds of breads, cakes, cereals. Many options.
We had lunch everyday in the hotel as well. The meals are elegant and tasty. There's more 2 restaurants in the hotel. I saw one of them opened to outside hotel people.
There's 2 swimming pools. One of those is warmed and the best option when you have kids.
By the beach they provide chairs and beach umbrella.
The only concern I have is in regards of the facade of the building. Seems that is not taking care for years. and for a luxury hotel like this one, I was expecting to be better. Same in the aisle. Inside the rooms they were very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I checked in to this hotel last night and are staying till the 3rd of January. It's not a 5 star but is cozy in a country style decor and seem very clean aside from one of the throw pillows on our bed having a really bad brown stain. I figured house keeping didn't notice it so I didn't think it was worth complaining about. Another point is the room took a very long time to cool down, the air conditioning is not very powerful, at least in our room. Keeping all the doors and windows shut we did manage to cool it down enough. Lastly the in room dining is very very limited and not very tasty.

The main reason I am giving it 1 star is because of what happened this morning. I came to the front desk and spoke with a very nice lady about switching our room to a higher floor with a view of the ocean, because right now we are on ground floor looking at a parking lot. I told her last night I spoke with the man who checked us is and he told me it wasn't possible to move us last night because they didn't have any rooms. But that we would be able to move tomorrow because many guests would be checking out. The lady at the front said "sure no problem" and told me they had a room available on the 4th floor with a view of the ocean. We both went to go look at the room together to make sure it was ok. I loved the room but it had not been cleaned yet. She said they would call us when it was ready and we could go ahead and move into our new room. My husband and I fell asleep as we were tired from traveling and no one had ever called about our room move.

I went down to the front desk again early evening to ask about what had happened any why no one had called us to let us know the room was ready. The man at the front said no one left any notes and he couldn't move us. He was very rude and told me I could talk to the the same lady in the morning as if he didn't believe me and I was making all this up. Not a very nice feeling to get treated by anyone like this especially at a "luxury" hotel.

I think the way this was handled is unacceptable and I am very disappointed. Due to a lack of communication we have lost out on the room we were promised by two hotel employees and now are stuck looking at this parking lot.

If this hadn't have gone down my review would be very different based on the fact that I thought for a small period of time that costumer service at this place was great and making up for some of the issues we were having. Well boy was I wrong! Bottom line, hope you have a better experience then us, if you chose to stay here.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor, or you will be left with a lot of street noise and terrible vie...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Ulibka108
Curitiba, PR
Reviewed December 22, 2013

This hotel is a nice stay to enjoy the Jurere beach. It's not located right on the beach, there is some empty land between the hotel and the beach with the size of one block. So you have to make a short walk. Once on the beach there is a good service of chairs.
The room is well furnished with two TVs, DVD, refrigerator, microwave oven and nice furniture. They provided a crib for my son, as asked on the reservation.
The pools are a great point, one indoor heated pool, one outdoor heated pool and a outdoor regular pool.
The people working in the hotel was the problem. Some were great and very efficient, like the valets and the front desk workers. The waitresses at the pool were helpful, but the orders got a lot of time to come and it was harder to get their attention, forcing us to walk to the bar to place the orders.
The prices at the restaurants are really high, and the food is just average. The street beside the hotel is a open shopping with shops, restaurants and bakeries where you can get a good meal and food for a better price. Also near the hotel there is a good supermarket (you need a car to reach it) and a gas station.

Room Tip: I got the junior suite jurere, that i thought was in front of the beach, but all you get is a side v...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

I've been in this resort last weekend for a informal meeting! Place is great with many options to do during the day! Is located on luxury neighborhood with great view of the beach! Pools open and closed can be used till late! You have to pay for park your car, what is unsual in this country!!

• Stayed November 2013
JI Administraçã... H, Public Relations Manager at Il Campanario Villaggio Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for your testimony. We were very happy with the compliments and can provide very nice moments with us. The car actually follows a standard adopted by the company. But it is great to see that this did not affect the satisfaction of spending the weekend in IL Campanario. Be alway welcome.
Thank you.
Sao Paulo
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This, unfortunately, is a situation that is becoming very common in Brazil. The Brazilian tourism costs becoming so high that worth more, considering quality and costs, go out of the country then make internal tourism. You pay so much and, usually, receive very little in terms of services.

Talking about Il Campanário, would be unfair classify it as bad or terrible, but definitely it’s not a 5 star hotel, or have any of you listen about a 5 star hotel that does not have an individual air-conditioned system in the rooms? Perplex I heard the manager explanation: structurally or you heat all rooms or you cool all rooms, this is not an individual choice from the guest. To get an adequate temperature you need to yell louder than the other guests.

Together with this air-conditioned issue, they don´t do a complete check list regarding the room before release it to the guest. As I entered in the room, I realized that both TVs where not working, one because the remote control was missed and the other because the power cable was not there!

Another point: the really high service room prices. 10 USD for one hot sandwich of ham with cheese? Is not because the money, but pay so high prices would be an absurd and, of course, we didn´t use such services neither one day.

Trying to find a workaround to the air-conditioned issue, the hotel offered (and I accepted) an upgrade to a bigger room, much more ventilated, what worked, I have to say. The rooms located in the corners have more windows opening in both sides of the building what, as matter of fact, helped to solve the problem. Being honest, here I must give credits to the front desk staff that tried to solve my issue, looking for an alternative.

Because of this professionalism and because of the leisure structure, I will classify this hotel as average.

Another points

-This hotel is located in a very nice area in Jurere International, but you will need a car to move around;
- Take care with the rooms located in front of the beach because there is a big risk to live, in the weekend nights, with very noisy ballades, mainly on Friday and Saturday;
- As an alternative to the stratospheric prices of the hotel, I suggest to those with car, a good look for one of the very good restaurants in the neighborhood.

Concluding: I really recommend to all the people thinking about coming to Florianopolis (this magic and incredibly beautiful island) a very good "cost X benefit" research.

Room Tip: Rooms in front of the street are quieter in the weekend; Corner suites are airy; During the bookin...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank R083R70
JI Administraçã... H, General Manager at Il Campanario Villaggio Resort, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
We are very grateful for the time that you took out of your day to inform us of the issues you saw and of the experiences you have had. At our Hotel we take customer satisfaction very seriously and the purpose for us being in business is to please you so that you have a wonderful and memorable experience.
Please be assured that issues you addressed are being taken into review by our management team and we will be sure to correct the problems so that these unfortunate circumstances are fixed and never occur again.
We strive very hard to make sure that our customers are happy when they leave. While we feel that we do a good job and most people leave happy, we know and fully understand that the very best customers are those who take the time to tell us where we need to improve and raise our standards. People such as yourself truly help to make our hotel 5 stars, not just in the price, but in your overall experience as well.
The fact that you were in any way uncomfortable has only escalated this issue with our management team and we are currently putting all options on the table as to how we can efficiently solve this dilemma. We are pleased that the upgrade helped to provide an acceptable solution for the time being.
Again we want to thank you for writing your concerns and complains. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call or write us at anytime,
Thank you.