I rarely give any hotel , 5 stars in a review. This hotel managed to get it for me. The reason is simple. Its a excellent property, well located, excellently serviced and very well priced as well!
About me : I am a world traveler and use 1-2 hotels every month world wide.
Lets go to the positives :
1. Very very modern looking room , almost like a studio apartment
2. Excellent bathroom. I hate bath tubs and this hotel does not have a bath tub. It has a shower with a cubicle. And it serves the purpose.
3. The bathroom has very good sunlight coming throughout the day, making it look very airy and fresh and not giving a dingy claustrophobic feeling.
4. The room it self had a excellent desk and chair with a connection for plugging the computer. Just perfect for a business traveler like me to do the paper work. The chair could be adjusted to various angles and I loved it. I did a lot of paper work sitting in the room and did not miss my home home or office!
5. Internet is something where most hotels fail! This hotel has a superb internet connection. Free of course with a splendid wi-fi. The best thing about it, was I could make skype calls easily using it. The connection never dropped and speed was high enough to aid a skype chat.
6. Its located in a very nice part of town. taxi are easily available. I never felt scared stepping out on the street.
7. Excellent service. The guys at the front desk are remarkable! I needed a taxi and they ordered it on phone and the taxi never came. So the manager himself went out on the street to hail a taxi for me! This is service!
8. Breakfast was adequate. The restaurant was very airy with lot of sunlight. perfect place for having a breakfast. The menu was not out of the world but adequate. Everyone wearing gloves, and everything looking super clean.
9. The bed in the room was very comfortable. Just what you need. No 100's of cushions on the bed, which I usually throw on the floor, in other hotels. Just two pillows and some extra pillows in the almirah. The comforter was not tucked in the bed making me having to pull it out while sleeping. The bed felt like ,as if I was at home!
10. I put a 'do not disturb' sign on my door. They honored it! Most hotels do not honor it. They call you several times, knock on yr door and insist on cleaning the room , almost as if they are suspicous of u. Not here. They left me alone with that sign on. Loved that!
11. I needed some printouts, that was done easly by sending them the pages on a email.
12. The room had a inbuilt safe.
13. They did not try to take my credit card like other hotels. i had a pre paid booking and they respected it.
14. Excellent Price - Just 120 us$ without breakfast on a weekday! I will say, I have seen lot of worse hotels asking for almost 280 us$ for a property like this!
15. I hardly watch TV. But watched CNN and the picture was crystal clear on a brand new samsung LCD.
16. Good powerful AC was available in the room.
17. The cupboard in the room were open type with no doors, I really liked the design. Much more easy to manage.
18. English speaking well trained staff on the front desk!
19. Huge alleyways and very bright lighting. Liked it.
20. Hot water in the shower. Its a must for me. I can not live without hot water. This hotel has lots of it and nice flow in the shower. Loved it.
The negatives : These negatives are so small, that you can ignore them. However, if the hotel management is reading it..Please take action!
1. No complimentary water bottle on arrival. A negative for me. As no traveler carried water with him and if he can get a complimentary bottle on arrival, its a big plus.
2. I was on 10th floor. I did not have any great view from my hotel. But I do not care!! I was there for work.
3. No ironboard and iron in the room. But laundry service is available.
4. No gym or swimming pool on the property. I do not care. I never use them anyway!
5. Heard some noise in the night time. Wish rooms were 'more' sound proof.
Thats about it. Will I return to stay here? Hell, yes! Highly recommended for business travelers on the go.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Master Premium Cosmopolitan is the hotel in Rio Grande do Sul with more rooms available, 324 fully equipped accommodations. We have another extra benefit for our guests, the premium location in the heart of Moinhos de Vento neighborhood, one of the most traditional ones in the city. It is the perfect place to conciliate business and leisure. Nearby the guests will find luxury restaurants, trendy bars and coffee shops, besides the best shops in the city. There will be a new shopping center soon in the same hotel complex, where the guests will have available movie theaters, department stores, food square and many other facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Master Premium Cosmopolitan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Master Premium Cosmopolitan Porto Alegre, Brazil