See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 17, 2017 via mobile

I've been a guest of Intercity for more than 10 years; this specific hotel in Porto Alegre has being refurbished during the past couple of years, which improved the rooms, but unfortunately not the bathrooms (that need to be refurbished asap)- it was a partially refurbish.
The breakfast is very good, presenting a good variety of dishes and options. The service is also pleasant and very good.
The localization is great, close to Rio Guaiba / Gasômetro so you can walk by the river, there's also the Museu Ibere Camargo and Barra Sul Mall quite close to the hotel as well (walking distance if you are found of walking)
The downswing points would be the bathrooms of the rooms, and the cable TV (quality of image bad).
Overall, I recommend it; and will stay there every time I visit POA

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Leonel M, Gerente de recepção at Intercity Porto Alegre, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2017

Thanks for your review.
We would like you to know that your comments were sent to the Manager of the hotel.

Reviewed March 13, 2017 via mobile

I originally booked this hotel as it looked clean and also the view from the roof with the pool looked amazing.
The views where great however the pool was dirty and the chairs where all stacked in corner. If you want to use a chair you need to get one from the pile and see somewhere the chair would fit.
They should open a small bar and make this more comfortable I believe more people would come and stay.
The room was clean, and large with great view.
There were zero tv channels with English speaking ( not a big issue but for an international hotel a little crazy)
If I had to stay one night I would stay again but don't think I would stay for too long.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Leonel M, Gerente de recepção at Intercity Porto Alegre, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2017

Hello.
We would like to thank you for your comment. We apologize for the inconveniences, the Hotel Manager will soon hear about your suggestions regarding safety, wi-fi and service.
We would like you to give us another chance to reverse the situation so you can have a new opinion on the hotel.
Have a nice day!

Reviewed February 15, 2017

The hotel is comfortable and has good infrasctructure. The gym is well equiped and the pool is small, but the view is wonderful. Breakfast is great and service, too. I arrived very late due to delays in my flight and got checked in in no time. Request a room with a view to Guaiba Lake.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Leonel M, Gerente de recepção at Intercity Porto Alegre, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2017

Reviewed January 11, 2017

We decided to stay in this hotel because it was a ****Hotel and some reviews stated that it was a good hotel but it was not a good at all. The hotel is located in a shady area, not many people walking during the day and during the night is very deserted. It is important to say that Porto Alegre is the 3rd. city in Brazil in criminality and we did not know about it until our arrival in the city. The city has lots of homeless people, the city looks unkept and old. Porto Alegre has beautiful parks but they are not looked after. Porto Alegre has nothing to offer for a tourist. The Intercity hotel has 2 elevators for the guests but while we were there only 1 was functioning. This created a problem because we have to wait for the elevator to be free to take us upstairs. We reserved a deluxe double room but it was not deluxe at all. The bathroom shower had mould and we threw toilet paper in the toilet and the toilet was blocked twice. We were not aware that we not supposed to threw the toilet paper in the toilet, that`s why there was a little basket for us to put the used toilet paper there. The room was poor decorated and we noticed that the bed sheet had a hole. Ah, the wifi did not work properly and it was a pain in the neck.

Room tip: Rooms to south side have view to Guaiba Lake/River,
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank caducastro
Leonel M, Gerente de recepção at Intercity Porto Alegre, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2017

Reviewed May 31, 2016 via mobile

Once you finally find the hotel, you feel kind of secure. The problem is that there is no signs and I didn't feel comfortable in the area. Very dark, no signs and the doorman was not very welcoming. I had to show ID before I could even ask for help with my luggage. I was traveling for two months an obviously had a lot of suitcases.
The room was OK since I was just staying for one night. But costumer service was really bad.
I'll not stay in this place again.

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
SimoneTissot, Gerente de recepção at Intercity Porto Alegre, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2016

Hello.