“Good place in Porto Alegre”

Hostel Porto Do Sol
“Good place in Porto Alegre”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

This place perfectly met our needs. We stayed in a 6 bed dorm. Great breakfast, and they even gave us a free breakfast the morning we arrived, fresh off te night bus. Good facilities, including guest kitchen and communal areas. Pool table. Only complaint I can think of is the noise from the road outside if you get one of the rooms facing onto it.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank thecuriouswolf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2012

When i first got to this hostel I thought it was cool. It has a pool table that double up as a chilling area, a good kitchen and a few sofas in the reception area. The breakfast is ok, though as the portions were pretty limited. My overall thoughts of the hostel were better than average at first, esp. when the staff changed me to the female dorm (without charging me extra) as we had a very bad snorer in our room and I couldnt sleep. However...that snorer, when he found out I was changing, suddenly flipped on me and created a lot of conflict (getting pretty intimidating), lucikly Im a strong girl who knows how to stand up for herself which meant he left me a lone. When the other travellers (who witnessed this crazy guys actions) told the reception what happened, they didnt come upstairs to help straight away, and when i told them what happened that spoke to him but didn't ask him to leave. Personally I was shocked as he was very intimidating to the average traveller, and was staying in a shared mixed dorm. I would have expected a better reaction, esp as the other travellers were so vocal about how bad he had been.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed June 8, 2012

The hostel is well located, not far from the airport and also close to a bus stop. I was there for 3 nights in a private single room. I think the hostel is OK if you stay there for a short period of time. They should improve some things, such as: at breakfast they often did scrambled eggs with sausage to a few guests but every time I asked for the same type of food they said it was over. When something finished they wouldn't replace it (ex: doce de leite). During my staying there nobody cleaned my room or made my bed and the room smells like mold which made me sneeze all the time. There is no bathroom in the private rooms and the free wifi doesn't work sometimes. However, the staff is kind and helpful and even though the house is not very big there is a nice area to socialize, watch tv, cook, play games etc. They also make barbecues and snacks (but that's an extra expense of course).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo