“Go somewhere else / não se hospede neste estabelecimento ”

Ibis Porto Alegre Moinhos de Vento
Ranked #11 of 80 Hotels in Porto Alegre
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Due to my work I'm always traveling in Brazil and overseas. Whenever I arrive early (before 12pm) most hotels allows me to do an early check-in. I always stay at Accor hotels on my journeys. Last week I was in Kuala Lumpur and Yogyakarta (both Ibis) and I was able to do an early check in. Today I arrived in Porto Alegre @ 7am. I explained to the attended that I had lost my flight here so I took a bus all the way from Brasilia to Porto Alegre. 38 hours seating on a bus. All I wanted was a shower because the conditions that I were after that long bus ride was just awful. I was informed that if I wanted to do an early check in I would have to pay 98 reais (50 dollars) for so. I understand that hotels are not working for free and they have to make money. I had reserved 3 nights at this hotel but due to the reason that I lost my flight and had to take a bus here I would only stay 1 night, because the other 2 nights I spent on the road.
I was so disappointed with the fact that they were charging me an extra 50 dollars for the early check in, that I tried to explain to the attendant what happened. She turns to me and says: if you wanna use the room now you will have to pay extra or you can seat there and wait until 12pm.

I was willing to pay extra so I could use the room but due to the way the attendant treated me (cynical, disrespectful and mocking) I decided to not give an extra dime to this establishment.

It's a pity because I always stayed at Accor hotels on my trips (especially Mercury and Sofitel). Due to the appalling and condescending way I was treated by the staff of this hotel, that obviously has no knowledge how to treat customer, from now on I will take my business somewhere else and never be a guest on Accor hotels anymore.

PS: after that episode the attended always had a smirk on her face when talking to me.

Congratulations! One hotel and it's staff has managed to ruin Accor hotels for me. Such a shame!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Marcus S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,699)

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Expect the same level of service you get from other Ibis hotels: clean rooms, shower with abundant water, large bed, little room for your luggage and a desk if you need to get some work done, and an efficient (but somewhat impersonal) service at the reception.

The Ibis Moinhos de Vento has a great differential: it is very conveniently located in the Moinhos de Vento neighborhood, a short walk from the Parcão, a public park where you can walk or run, and from the Calçada da Fama, a street full of bars and restaurants. The street is quite calm and you won't be woken up by traffic in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask the reception about the wifi. For some misterious reason, the login as guest failed and I needed...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

The valet service lost my house's keys during my stay at the hotel. The house's key were attached w my car's key. I was already far when i noticed the incident. Then, i found out the keys were simply lost at the counter top of them right in the entrance. I had such a headache at going back to pick them up. Very stressful situation. They haven't even apologized for it.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 11, 2014

You know the Ibis brand, you know what to expect - this is the best one can say about it. No surprises, a fair room at a fair price. Besides this, the Ibis Moinhos de Vento is located in a nice neighborhood of Porto Alegre (it isn't in the core of Moinhos de Vento, but it is not far from the beautiful mall and park, neither is far from business of Cristovao Colombo avenue).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EduTrindade
Reviewed December 23, 2013

All was excellent! I found the service and attention to all my needs promptly and efficientlly!
Location of hotel is great, near a mall, one of the best malls in town, and near a beautiful park!
Also all convinient restaurants and super markets are nearby!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed October 30, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed here for two nights while in business in Porto Alegre. The hotel is very basic but the same as any Ibis all over the world. There is good internet, an ironing room on level 2 and nice breakfast. The bed is big and comfortable. The room is boxy but there is cable TV with some English channels. The staff are friendly and the location is great - five minute walk from the shopping centre and in a nice green street - quiet as well.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business