Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Travelocity
Hotels.com
Orbitz.com
All reviews ski lift branding iron mountain bike general store ski lodge hot tub during ski season snow driggs tetons hikers miles utah
Selected filters
Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

We stayed only one night. The beds very comfortable but room was very basic.

I want to make a mention on the restaurant which served us excellent food. Especially the tomato soup was home made and outstanding!

After we had so many bad and expensive meals at West Yellowstone Park we really enjoyed the meal we had in this restaurant.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank JerryJ945
Reviewed July 28, 2017

Visiting the Tetons is an amazing experience. Majestic, wonderful and jaw dropping at the same time. Staying for three nights at The Grand Targhee Resort gives you the chance to witness, hike and explore these mountains without driving to your destination. Comfortable rooms at an affordable price with just the bare minimum in terms of room and services, this is a great place to spend time at 7,500 ft. The walking distance to the chair lift, trails and hiking plus restaurants makes this the most unique mountain top resort. Don't expect to cool down in the room at night even with windows open

Room tip: Cell service is poor
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2017 via mobile

This review is written by a BEGINNER skier for beginners... I found Targhee a little overwhelming for a beginner skier. Even the beginners' slope was kind of steep. Then going up to the top of the green slopes was very very intimidating. Everything was so steep compared to the slopes I had learned on near Bozeman MT at Bridger Bowl. But then again that's how you learn and everyone falls skiing. As a beginner you really need to just suck it up and go out and do it every day. (I recommend at least four solid days skiing as a beginner to learn and retain everything you're learning.) I didn't take any lessons here but every day we were there there were a TON of little little kids in group lessons on the beginners' slope. Just from the look of it I'm glad I took my lessons elsewhere first BUT if you're here and are a first time beginner I think I would absolutely suggest taking a private lesson just to make sure you're learning what you need to to handle the slopes here. Other than that everyone was really nice and accommodating. On my third day I only wanted to do a half day of downhill and spend the afternoon cross country skiing and they let me just swap out my rental equipment really easily. The xc trails are also pretty intense for a beginner but they're well groomed (check the schedules for when they do the grooming) and the views are fantastic. I had to walk my skis up the first part of the first blue trail bc it was going to take all my strength if I had tried to ski up it (plus it was a little icy that day) but after that the trails were really nice. Hope this helps for beginners!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ceallaigho
Reviewed May 3, 2017

I live in Utah and the real "Greatest Snow on Earth" is Grand Targhee, Wyoming. I have been skiing Targhee since I was 5 years old. The best memories of childhood, teenagehood and adulthood happen at Targhee. Bring the whole family and make sure and stay for at least 4 days. Best hill for beginners, best mountain for black diamonds. Powder Days will never be forgotten. Can't say one bad thing about Grand Targhee :)

Room tip: The Sioux Lodge is the best :)
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2017

We stayed at the Lodge and the room was right out of the seventies. It was very convenient to the lift, bars and restaurants, so we liked that. It was a little ways away from the hot tub and pool. It was pricey for such a not so great room. Skiing the mountain was great though.

Room tip: rooms on the bottom floor are noisy. Probably, no insulation between floors.
Date of stay: March 2017