Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews ski lift branding iron mountain bike general store ski lodge hot tub during ski season snow driggs tetons hikers miles utah
Selected filters
Reviewed May 9, 2017 via mobile

This review is written by a BEGINNER skier for beginners... I found Targhee a little overwhelming for a beginner skier. Even the beginners' slope was kind of steep. Then going up to the top of the green slopes was very very intimidating. Everything was so steep compared to the slopes I had learned on near Bozeman MT at Bridger Bowl. But then again that's how you learn and everyone falls skiing. As a beginner you really need to just suck it up and go out and do it every day. (I recommend at least four solid days skiing as a beginner to learn and retain everything you're learning.) I didn't take any lessons here but every day we were there there were a TON of little little kids in group lessons on the beginners' slope. Just from the look of it I'm glad I took my lessons elsewhere first BUT if you're here and are a first time beginner I think I would absolutely suggest taking a private lesson just to make sure you're learning what you need to to handle the slopes here. Other than that everyone was really nice and accommodating. On my third day I only wanted to do a half day of downhill and spend the afternoon cross country skiing and they let me just swap out my rental equipment really easily. The xc trails are also pretty intense for a beginner but they're well groomed (check the schedules for when they do the grooming) and the views are fantastic. I had to walk my skis up the first part of the first blue trail bc it was going to take all my strength if I had tried to ski up it (plus it was a little icy that day) but after that the trails were really nice. Hope this helps for beginners!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ceallaigho
Reviewed May 3, 2017

I live in Utah and the real "Greatest Snow on Earth" is Grand Targhee, Wyoming. I have been skiing Targhee since I was 5 years old. The best memories of childhood, teenagehood and adulthood happen at Targhee. Bring the whole family and make sure and stay for at least 4 days. Best hill for beginners, best mountain for black diamonds. Powder Days will never be forgotten. Can't say one bad thing about Grand Targhee :)

Room tip: The Sioux Lodge is the best :)
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2017

We stayed at the Lodge and the room was right out of the seventies. It was very convenient to the lift, bars and restaurants, so we liked that. It was a little ways away from the hot tub and pool. It was pricey for such a not so great room. Skiing the mountain was great though.

Room tip: rooms on the bottom floor are noisy. Probably, no insulation between floors.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2017

Grand Targhee is one of our favorite ski resorts, it really is a hidden gem. We recently had our wedding at this small intimate resort, which has a ton of character. I couldn't gush enough about how amazing the staff are and how they completely made our experience. The skiing was great, the lodging is close to all of the venues, the food was fabulous and the Trap Bar was the perfect place to host our reception party. It's a very family friendly resort that also has access to a great pool and hot tub. This will remain one of our favorite places to visit in the US.

Room tip: There are multiple lodging options, all so very close to the chair lift
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
GrandTargheeResort, Manager at Targhee Lodge By Grand Targhee Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2017

Thanks Tracy! Congratulations on your wedding; we are wishing you and your husband all the best.

Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

With family and friends, we drove from CA (where the snow conditions were amazing) to Grand Targhee to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday. We rented a house right down the road in Alta and found it to be very convenient.

The mountain has a very diverse terrain for only having 4 lifts (Blackfoot lift was closed due to thin coverage during our visit). The runs were relatively long too! We mucjed out and had 2 days of fresh snow during our 4 day visit. Make sure you get a picture of the Tetons from the top and if you snowboard and you go over to the Sacajawea chair, make sure you are in it to win it. The runs are awesome but the get back is long and flat (fresh wax is a must), plus there are no bathrooms or bars on that side.

We spent plenty of time at the Trap bar where the food, beverages, and service were all very good. We had lunch with the kids in the cafeteria where there were plenty of healthy and reasonably priced options. Our passes were purchased on Liftoptia and picking them up at the ticket office was a breeze. We also threw down a chunk of change in the sport shops because they had a good selection and the staff was very helpful.

We also put our kids into all day snowboard lessons (they are 9 year old skiers). They loved their instructors (thanks Sierra and Dillon), their lunch options, and the overall experience! We loved that they learned new skills and we didn't have to take any stink eye from them ;)

Coming from Mammoth, our favorite part of the "Ghee" experience was the lack of people, and it was during spring break! There were no lines...for anything, and every day we parked in the first 3 rows.

We may have to retire here, it's that good.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thanks! We hope to see you back soon.