“Pricey, but nice. Awesome breakfast.”
Review of Hotel Alpestre

Hotel Alpestre
Ranked #14 of 54 Hotels in Gramado
Sao Luis - Brazil
“Pricey, but nice. Awesome breakfast.”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stayed there for 02 nights. Good option while visiting Gramado. Great location (walking distance to lots of restaurants) and service. Nice building with a fireplace at the lobby. Amazing breakfast! Pretty average rooms, though. Pricey (as everything in Gramado).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank edu_cavalcanti
Alpestre G, Gerente geral at Hotel Alpestre, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear edu,
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about your stay with us.
We are very glad you were satisfied with our service and also because you appreciated our breakfast.
We are are working to improve our accommodations and would very much like you to come back soon to see the results!

Best Regards,
Mauro V.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Not as close to downtown as they you have you believe. Pictures are deceiving, it appears to be better and more luxurious than it actually is. Overpriced for what it actually offers, but the breakfast buffet is pretty good. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Larissa B
Alpestre G, Gerente geral at Hotel Alpestre, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Larissa B,
Thank you for leaving your testimony about your stay with us.
We are very sorry that the information you got before coming to our hotel was not correct.
We do indicate to always check our website, in which pictures are always updated as are services and other information.
We are very glad you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, our Chef works on its menu everyday.

Although you said otherwise, we would like very much the chance to have you and your family with us again.

Montevideo, Uruguay
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family from the 19th December to the 24th, since we wanted to spend Christmas in this European-style lovely city (Recommended by my parents friends). It is surprisingly amazing all what they do at this city related to Christmas! They decor all the main avenues and streets and they have several events in a daily basis! I Highly recommend everyone Gramado & Canela for some charming and unforgivable days proximate to Christmas.

In relation to the hotel, I loved it, have no negative comments about it, and really enjoyed the whole experience!

The personnel was always very amiable, friendly, helpful and informative. Exceptional customer service is present in every area of the hotel! To sum up, I would like to make a special mention to the receptionists, Rennan and Duda. They made my stay even more special and went way ahead of normal concerning guest service.

Concerning the hotel, rooms were spacious, comfortable and always cleaned up perfectly. Additionally, they have a very nice view to their colorful and charming garden, followed by their pool with its respective bar, hard tennis court and little soccer field.

Referring to location, it is situated a few blocks from some of the most important streets.

Restaurant was pretty limited, anyway meals were good, not expensive at all, and VERY fast service! However, If you have the possibility I recommend you to go out for dinner, Gramado has plenty of awesome restaurants. One can have relatively cheap options, for instance some pretty cheap and good buffets, or even several delightful fine dining experiences ( Which are expensive too, but reaaaally worth it.)

Concerning breakfast, the hotel offers an impressively complete and tasty breakfast. Some of their options were several fresh fruits and cereals, 3 types of fresh fruit juices, yogurts, coffee, different types of cakes, pancakes (Awesome with their tasty chocolate sauce), eggs, toasts with ham/cheese/butter/marmalades/dulce de leche, among others.

All in all, I highly recommend everyone this hotel, specially for families and couples and in Christmas days!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Adolfo D
Reviewed November 29, 2012

My wife and I spent five days in this charming hotel. The three main highlights are the excellent service at the hotel, the cleanliness and cozy rooms. The hotel is 10 minutes walking from downtown. You also have the option to get transport from the hotel to downtown in scheduled hours. We don't have kids, but we saw many families with children and it seems they provide good infrastructure for children.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelAlpestre, Gerente geral at Hotel Alpestre, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
Dear 79dias,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about Hotel Alpestre.
We are very glad you liked our service and structure.

We hope to see you here again soon!
Best regards,
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I spent 2 nights and 3 days at the Hotel Alpestre as I was in town for a conference. The hotel was booked by the travel agency and I guess they did a very good choice.

The hotel is an old property but it was recently upgraded and so offers an amazing structure to guests. It is located about 2.5km away from downtown - not a problem, as the hotel offers a shuttle to and from downtown several times a day (but if you would like to feel the city, it's only a 20 minutes walking).

The rooms are huge and very bright. The bed is pretty confortable (although the pillows were too thin), the closets are large and the balcony offers an amazing view.

The staff at Alpestre is very helpful and kind, both at the frontdesk and at the restaurant. By the way, the breakfast was certainly one of the best I have ever had in a hotel. Congratulations to Alpestre!

The only downside I have to mention is the internet access. Although there's wifi connection available all over the hotel, you have to pay to use it. As a paid service you would expect some good conditions but the access was too slow (even late at night) and it was almost impossible to even check my email. OK, one may not go to Gramado to use the internet but as I was there on a business trip, it was part of my ordinary routine. And did I mention you have to pay to use it?

By and large I highly recomend the hotel. It will probably be my first choice when I come back to Gramado.

Room Tip: you should ask for the rooms at the back of the hotel - they offer a great view to the valley.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MMV_RJ
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I went to this hotel on a walking trip with my family. I was surprised with this hotel, because I would have booked another, but my travel agent could not get rooms and offered me the Alpestre.
This is an old hotel, but reformed and with excellent structure. The rooms are spacious and well maintained and clean. The hotel has a beautiful park in front of the rooms, with good landscape. There is a great framework for a children's club which was a plus point for me. The breakfast is excellent, as well as the friendliness of the staff.
Certainly am staying at this hotel again, which is very well located.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
HotelAlpestre, Gerente geral at Hotel Alpestre, responded to this review, September 26, 2014
Dear RT_sam_RT,
We'd like to thank you for writing about your stay with us.

We are very glad to have had the chance to accommodate you and your family, and also we are very happy you have enjoyed your stay.

It will be a pleasure to have you with us again.

Best Regards,
Santa Maria, RS
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We highly recommend this hotel. Over the past ten years we have stayed there at least six times. Breakfast is something else. Rooms are clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: All rooms have unsuite but the new section is best
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
HotelAlpestre, Gerente geral at Hotel Alpestre, responded to this review, October 8, 2014
Dear mccannbrazil,
thank you for taking the time to write about Hotel Alpestre.
It makes us very happy and honored to know that we have been the hotel of your choice for so many years.

We hope to see you again soon!

Best regards,