“great activities and location”
Review of Rockin' M Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Alpine
Rockin' M Ranch
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Cute cabins with kitchens and clean, comfortable quarters in the middle of a private, quiet ranch near the town of Alpine. Excellent riding, fishing...both river and lake...and other activities available with exprienced guides.
Have usd this facility several times and always been very satisfied wih the service and staff. Easy access and lots of parking space if you bring your own toys. Ranch but not touristy.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank reviewerabc

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was an awesome ride. From the time we arrived to when we left we were made to feel welcome and special. Mixed riders and ages. 11,47 & 70. Jake was leading our trail ride and he was excellent. So patient with us all. Wonderful with my daughter. The horses are marvellous and great for us beginners. The area we were taken was beautiful. The vista stunning. Riding threw the river brought huge grins to all faces that will last forever. Thank you for making this so special especially special thanks to Jake.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bestpalkev
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Just got back from the ranch and it was way better then I expected. First Jamie and Rob from the first time i talked to them on the phone were as nice and helpful as they can be. When we arrived there was a sign on the door of the cabin welcoming us and they unless we asked they stayed away from us and just allowed us to by our selves.

The cabin was spotless and had everything that we needed. I am a very particular traveler and the weirdest things drive me nuts this place was great. The only complaint i had was that the Ice trays in the freezer could not keep up with the Ice i like for my cold diet coke. So i just went to the store and got a bag of Ice. Problem solved. If that is my only problem trust me I am way pickier than anybody this place is Great.

We took a horse back ride our guid was great friendly and made us feel right at home on a horse any its only the second time we have ridden.

Here is a great example of how they take care of you. I expressed a interest in fishing and Rob said to let him know about going closer to the trip. but at the end of our trip i explained to Rob that i brought some stuff with me to fish but would have to do it on may own he was very helpful telling me what to use and their location was great caught a couple of good fish and had an awesome time.

I would absolutely recommend this place to anybody who is looking for a place to go. It is away from all the tourist crap in jackson but close enough that you can drive in if you want to, but trust me after you hit the rock m ranch unless you need to get food to cook there is no reason to leave the property.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank barkleyw
Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I took our three sons (ages11, 9 and 7) on the all day horseback ride. None of us are experienced riders but our guide, Justin, was excellent. He took us on back trails and then through mountains and meadows with no trails at all. He basically left it up to us and let us decide how far we wanted to go. We had an absolutely wonderful time! Justin cooked us lunch way on top of a hill with a great view to the valley below. He was great with our sons and very patient. I would highly recommend this ranch if you're looking for a great horse ride off the usual trails. I

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Teresa05996
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I stay at the Rockin' M every time we visit Alpine and have done that for many years. Rob and Jamie are amazing and always make us feel like family. Flyfishing with Rob is awesome... he is very patient, profesionnal, friendly and fun to talk to. Great lunch is always provided.
Horseback rides are another fun activity at the Ranch. The guides are always professional and knowledgeable, the trails are extremely pretty and the horses are well-behaved.
Cabins are large, very clean, nicely decorated and outfitted with everything you might need. We always sleep great there and I love the "outdoorsy" feel to them.
Very nice location - peaceful and absolutely beautiful, yet a short 40-minute drive to Jackson.
We are always looking forward to staying at the Rockin' M and can't wait to be back next year!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I have fished with Rob for several years. He is highly knowledgable of the rivers and fishing, and sane enough to help you make good decisions (last year when tourists were swamping on the snow melt flooded Snake, Robb actively warned against fishing there!). I have fished the Green, the Salt and the Snake and always catch fish, have plenty of adventures and I learn a lot each time...

I am impressed as a business owner myself how well the Rockin M works. Jamie and Robb are organized, professional and caring. After all they are raising their family here and want travelers' visits to be excellent too.

Definitely the right place to stay in Jackson area!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2012

My Partner I &.7 Other Friends Take A Trip To Wyoming To Go SnowMobiling The Week Of Chritsmas & stay 5 Day We Have A Blast. Rob And Hi Wife Where Bery Nice. Mostly Him. He Is The Person Who You Want To Do Business Whit, the Caving Are Clean Good Location & The Price Is Right. Well For Me It Was. The Snow Mobiles Are Very Nice Almost New. The Ease Axes To The Trails, They Have Hottub All Around The Cavings. I Will Be Back Next Year,,,, Wow Good Trip

• Stayed: December 2011

Been to Rockin' M Ranch? Share your experiences!