“A very special meal on a special night”

Cruzeiro do Pescador
Ranked #33 of 136 Restaurants in Praia da Pipa
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Long Beach, California, United States
“A very special meal on a special night”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We had such a memorable evening with Daniel. I felt like he had invited us into his home as his special guests for the evening. Our group of 4 were the only ones dining that night (i'm sure a rare occasion, but we were there in the off-season). He cooked us fabulous Brazilian dishes while we polished off a few bottles of wine. The entire night was so enchanting and one we will not forget. It would be regretful to pass through Pipa and not spend a night with Daniel at Cruzeiro do Pescador.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Shelly W

Long Beach, California
“Turning 40 ain't all that bad when you do it right”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I must admit that I was not expecting much when we were advised to try this little restaurant outside of central Pipa. It was my 40th b day, but since I'm not much of a b day guy so I really did not much care where we went. A reservation was made for us and off we went.

When we pulled up the dirt road and were greeted by barking hounds, I knew we were in the right spot for me.The hounds almost seemed to provide a trumpeting of our entrance to very nice home that was decorated with Brazilian charm and lots of candles. We were soon greeted very warmly by Daniel....our chef, host, waiter, and friend for the evening. If we had stopped right there, I would have been happy. But that was only the beginning as Daniel proceeded to show us his restaurant and home and make us feel as though we were the only guests for the evening (because we were). Daniel then went on to suggest some very nice dishes: 'Ocean rice' made with octopus, mussels and various 'sea creatures', and a local muqueca made with Dorado, coconut milk and local spice. Both were exceptional. Needless to say the evening was accompanied with some nice wine, a full moon, and good friends. Being in a small town in Brazil and not being much of a birthday guy, I surely did not expect Daniel to surprise me with a candle topped dessert and his rendition of the happy birthday song, but that is exactly what I got. The evening lasted a couple of hours and could not have been more perfect.

This secret little spot is too good to keep a secret. So, if you are looking to make a memory or just looking for a place to celebrate your birthday, be sure to find you way to this special little nook in the world....and tell Daniel that Andy says 'hi'

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Andrew P
Sao Paulo, SP
“Dining Feast”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

In a beautiful house with Daniel's great hospitality, we have tasted one of the best dishes we had in Brazil - rice with seafood/ paella; It was delicious; the smoked fish was also very tasty and unique.
We agree that the prices are a quite high, but, the cost benefit is still very positive ; we were able to enjoy the paella "left over" in the following day (take away).

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank ISR77
Paris, France
“Well...definetely too pricy for what you get!”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I've been to "Cruzeiro do Pescador" in 2011.

I would say, the concept is interesting - it's a small house / seafood restaurant with a very personallized service and fresh and tasty [but honestly, nothing extraordinary] fish dishes.
The owner is very kind, you can have a nice chat with him, he really takes care of his guests.

There is a huge "BUT" for me: the price is kind of a "secret" so only at the end of your dinner you learn that you have something like 180 EUR to pay ;) People, this place DOES NOT worth the price!!!!! Yes, it's true, the food is very fresh, but it is just a grilled fish/oyster/shrip at the end. If you have an elaborated palate, you better keep your money and spend it in a 3 *** Michelin restaurant in France instead!

I had this bitter feeling that the owner has invented an easy way to collect cash form rich tourists. And certainly it works with Brazilians, because in Brazil fish/ shrimp/ oysters are quite a luxury (surprisingly), but it didn't work with me...

• Visited July 2011
2 Thank Nathalie_Pol
Antarctica
“Unique Dining”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We had heard about the great food at the Cruzeiro do Pescador but only after arriving in Pipa did we realize that the location had changed. We decided to make a reservation anyway. We were asked over the phone what we wanted to eat which was kind of strange at the time but later we discovered that your meal is literally that fresh. The owner makes sure that your meal is not an assembly line affair but something truly catered to your request. When we arrived at the location we were treated to a very special atmosphere. Candlelit tables (only 5) set up around a very rustic environment. We ordered an excellent bottle of wine and waited for our meal while taking in the original experience. Our meal finally came and it was delicious. We had seafood appetizers followed by an assortment of fish. This experience is not cheap, and no they don't take credit cards, but if you know seafood you will recognize this experience as good value. After the meal we took some time to speak to the owner and he showed us around and gave us some interesting notes about various gadgets lying around the place. Not just a fantastic meal but an experience!

• Visited July 2011