See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My friend and I needed a break and we decided that break would be at praia da pipa. A friend recommended the pousada tartaruga and we weren't disappointed. It was just perfect. It is a small and beautiful place. 8 rooms. All in front of a pool, with flowers everywhere. The rooms are cosy and were presented as they show on the pictures in the website. The shower is huge and has warm water! We loved that!
Every room has a little terrace with a hammet and a chair. Totally relaxing! Free Wifi!
The breakfast is typical for brazilian pousadas. Fresh fruits, bread (warm), ham, cheese, marmalades and alway two freshly baked cakes (!!! mmmmm!!!! ). The coffee is strong and therefore just the way I need it! Just ask and you will receive, scrambled eggs or tapioca. Just delicious and perfect to start the day at this beautiful beach!
We have to mention that we arrived at the pousada at 2am and a guard opened the room for us. There was a letter saying that we shouldn't worry about the breakfast time, because they would let us have breakfast at the time we wanted! Totally nice! We also had a fruit basket in the fridge and even in the toilet was a little flower! Really sweet!
We highly recommend to stay at this pousada! We had 5 fantasic days here at praia do pipa!

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Faltboot
Reviewed March 11, 2011

The hotel is perfectly located in the nicest street of Pipa ´s center, but far enough from the noise of bars and restaurants.
The rooms are very nicely decorated and they have a private varanda with a hammock ....I recommend to take a little nap after a long day at the beach.
There´s a pool right in the center of the Pousada, surrounded with cozy chaise longues, where every afternoon towels and flowers are neatly placed at the service of guests.
Breakfast is good ... is not the the best you can have in Brazil, but it´s Ok. And the staff sometimes can be a little bit unreachable.
I would definitely recommend this pousada

Date of stay: February 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank littlemeoh
Reviewed January 23, 2011

The hotel is normal, not good not bad. But the location is perfect to walk around .
They have 8 rooms, but only 4 places to have a breakfast. In the high season should be a problem, because you have to wait for a place.
The owner is there to help you on what to do, and where to go.

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I traveled with my mother, my sisters and my little daughter in October 2009. The journey from Natal to Pipa is a bit long but worth it. Pipa and its people treated us great. The hotel is even more beautiful than in pictures and their service is excellent.

Date of stay: October 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank MermeladaBuenosAires
Reviewed May 22, 2010

Well, you are not visiting Dubai or Monaco so have this in mind while visiting Pipa, so you will probably stay in a clean pousada not in a great hotel.
Pousada Tartaruga is a tiny property, I belive around 8 rooms, plain rooms, but very clean and spacious.
The rooms are located around a very clean small swimming pool.
Breakfast, with some very nice regional items, is served in a covered area by the pool.
Very relaxing place and seemed usa better place than The Toca da Coruja hotel, located meters from the Tartaruga, that charges more but has smaller rooms.

Date of stay: May 2010