“Very nice place, excellent service”
Review of Manary Praia Hotel

Manary Praia Hotel
Ranked #2 of 93 Hotels in Natal
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed 3 nights and were very happy to find a small and cozy hotel where quality of service meets good location in Ponta Negra. Being one step above any other nearby hotel is basically explained by high standards of service that probably come from the hotel being part of an association (Roteiros de Charme) that requires them. This can be found in small details that go from the room to minor things like the quality of the cofee at the bar or the wine list: not esay to find in other places in the region. Best things besides overall service (with the friendly and quiet approach of the natalenses) is the pool service for lunch and the dinner. Things that need improvement are beach service and perhaps the breakfast. Management is strict if you break any gadget (as in my case, by accident) and will kindly ask for reimbursement. But this is a mere sign of efficient running of business, not a nuisance.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed two nights in this Hotel, after reading nice reviews here in TA.
The property is very charmy although have some signs of time.
We booked a room with side/partial sea view, but the sea was very, but very hard to see.Only outside in the balcony.
The room looked too tired, and I didn't like the bed configuration:
One queen and one single bed in the same room...the single was turned into a luggage support.
Since is a romantic Hotel and as a couple would prefer to have more free space or an armchair then a useless single bed....doesn't look a property to go with children.
The bathroom was very dark with bad lightning, and was flooded after every shower....
That been said, the pool is very nice with a great view.
Good location close to nice restaurants (Camarões for example).
The Hotel restaurant is also very good.
The L'Occitane Amenities and excelent breakfast.
I Hope they manage to update and pay attention to some details, because this is a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: Pay attention to the view you want to have. Front suites have nice views.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here the first week of December on our first visit to Brazil. Our room overlooked the pool and had great views of the sea. Staff couldn't have been more helpful and spoke passable English. The waiter on breakfast duty was especially helpful (and tolerant - we had a hyperactive 3 year old with us). The quality of the food at all meals was excellent. Our only criticism was that when we wanted loungers and an umbrella putting up by the beach one day we were told it couldn't be done, however next day it could be! Maybe that's Brazil, whatever it didn't spoil our stay one bit.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are the best
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Duncan K
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I stayed here for a week in August with my son who was at a congress, and was so impressed that I made a reservation for my wife and I to stay in December. Here we are, and my wife is just as impressed as I was. There really is nothing negative that can be said about the place, the staff, and the food is exquisite. (I've also written a review of the restaurant). There's nothing I can add to all the other reviews, except to recommend that any visitor to Natal, that they dont even consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: I cant sleep with the noise of the ocean, so always choose a side view room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed when visiting Natal on business. Unfortunately there were no sea view rooms available however it was still a good choice of hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful. Location by the sea front could not be better, the fresh Atlantic breeze helping to cool the temperature a little. The food also to be recommended. Decent background chill out jazz and Latino sounds throughout the day just made this the ideal spot to relax by the pool. Why am I letting you know about this gem, might be fully booked when I next need to stay??!!! Summary, if in the area, this is the place to stay. Enjoy!!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Fantastic hotel, service was excellent, staff could not be more helpful. The room we stayed in had a lovely balcony and overlooked the sea, with wonderful views. The meals were delicious and very competitively priced. The only downside was that outside, the promenade had been damaged by the sea a couple of years ago. I know this is not the fault of the hotel, but made walking into the local town quite challenging and at night rather hazardous! Having said that I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia B
Reviewed November 3, 2013

In retrospect, I must say that I am amazed we got the deal we got in Manary. It is the place to stay in Ponta Negra if you want to have zero worries. The food is simply delicious, the service is always with a smile, even if you hand the waiter your sandy flip-flops for safe keeping. They know how to serve wine and the kitchen is simply mouth watering. A place where we would love to spend more time in the future, with our friends and family. Come to think of it - this may be culturally incorrect - but for Brazilian standards, no international standards - you cannot do any better then the Manary in Ponta Negra!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple