“Quite good” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Marsol Beach Natal

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Marsol Beach Natal
Ranked #5 of 92 Hotels in Natal
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Quite good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is good, the people in there is very nice. Specially Manoel Junior, the barman, he was quite a good friend, always laughing with our jokes, and giving us advices about how to enjoy Natal.
Once, one of the waiters just guessed we wanted a "suco de kiwi" (kiwi juice) and served it when we finished the dinner. We were impressed and pleased.
About the food (we chose the "Marsol Inclusive System), the breakfast was good, but the afternoon snack was poor. About the lunch and the dinner, the food was always the same, or they re-used the previous food to prepare "new" ones. Once fried fish, then the same fried fish but with a sauce. That's the only thing I have to say.
Barman, receptionists, waiters and waitress were AWESOME!
About the Marsol Inclusive System, there are restrictions of hours when you can eat/drink. But you can get used to it...
Rooms were clean and tidied.
About the weather, it was great; the sea is a little "complicated" (at least it was for me).
You should come to this destination anyway!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Pablo C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Maceio, AL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

This place sucks! they don't keep up with the maintenance of any kind, tennis courts has grass growing everywhere, the fence .... there is no fence, the hotel has a beach volleyball court but they don't have a volley ball they also do not have any kind of game room, no pool, no ping pong nothing, theye have pools but they have every kind of bug from the region, we are far away from everything, do not order room service there food sucks, terrible order a simple cheeseburger and it was so nasty I couldn't finish it! the rooms are old and there towels are so thin and hard it hurts to use it!

Room Tip: There is NO hot tubes!!! don't let them fool you they have tanks outside the rooms! Could as hel...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gilsonjunior79
Riverton, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I got there and they didn't have my reservation, I paid for the most expensive room, but as I "didn't have my reservation" they did a big favor for me, they gave me a room which was smelly, moldy, dirty. I paid for 3 days and they could resolve my problem just on Monday because the website which I used to buy this horrible hotel was closed on weekends " decolar.com.br" please never use this website, rather use hotels.com, expedia, or Travelocity more trustable. That happened a while ago. But I went to a decolar to put my review and I wasn't able to do so. That's why I'm using tripadvisor. The biggest falt was first of all from decolar.com for getting my money and didn't do my reservation, but the hotel was horrible. If you dicide to stay on this hotel good luck.

Room Tip: Just don't stay on this hotel choose a good hotel chain like quality inn, best western, at least...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Maria O
Netherlands
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is a very bad hotel. The staff is incompetent, unfriendly, not helpfull. The breakfast is very simple, just what you need, bread and fruit...nothing else like a fried egg e.g.
The lunch and the dinner were the same kind, dinner with an other sauce... We went every evening to a restaurant to eat something nice.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room at the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank windoos
Recife, PE
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

The hotel is pretty and a very quiet place to rest. The breakfast is good and the rooms are clean. However the reception staff is incompetent, usually impolite and not very helpful (there was even a guy in the reception that made a joke when we complained about the fact that he putted me and my college into a room with a shared bad ¬¬... he gave us a hard time to change rooms with separated beds). The lunch and diner at the restaurant were also not good . Also I was disappointed by the fact that they charged for the towels that we used at the pool and also for the internet! Therefore, this is a Ok hotel, but I don't think that it is worth the price.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ninaccioly
Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

Visiting the hotel website in March 2008 and selecting a standart room, me and my boyfriend went to Marsol Hotel (All-Inclusive) with great expectations. We arrived at the hotel about 22h30 with more than 8 hours flight and at the ckeck-in we found our first problem: the restaurant was closing and if we wanted to eat we had to pay it because they would not make an effort to get a meal for us, despite the all-inclusive. We accepted because we were tired and did not want to discuss. When we came to our room the second issue was the beds:it's ok for us to think that two single beds togethers make a doublebed, the problem was that one of them was higher than the other. The other issue was the noise of the air conditioner and the water falling. The next day we ask for another room and we had to reinforce to get it .
The rooms were not modern but confortable (second room), with a mini-fridge and same of them had a swing. The bathrooms were clean. All the rooms need to be refurbished.
As portuguese we thought that the language will not be a matter... but we were wrong because the staff spoke always with us in spanish.
The food was definitely the huge problem: The breakfast was good, even the snacks in the afternoon were delicious but the lunchs and dinners were a nightmare. The dinner seemed to be the overplus of the lunch with other sauce, the food was basically the same everyday without any variety.
The beach was pleasing but with a problem: the sunshades were few for so many guests, if we went to the beach after 8 a.m. we could not get any. The water is warm and clean.
The staff struggled to animate the guests with beach soccer or even with aqua aerobics. The evening shows were funy and nice.
The place where the hotel is, it's very beautiful. At the hotel you can find a freebus that can take you to the Natal shopping or to the city center. Be aware because sometimes the freebus is late or forgets to pass by the hotel.
If you have not a late check-out and have to leave the room and wait for the transfers at the hotel until the evening, you can enjoy the beach or even the pool because the hotel offers you a changing room commom with other guests but where you can take a shower. That was our case and because we ask to talk to hotel manager we had permission for lunch and for the snacks despite the check-out.
We made some tours around Natal and we booked with a young man on the hotel beach because the hotel staff said that was safe and because has much cheaper.
We visited Natal without any problem, the drivers of public buses pay a special attention to tourists don't let them mix with the residents.
Except the food problems, all other concerns were always resolved.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AnaMaria-Lisbon
Lisbon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2008

The most terrible hotel I've ever stayed at. The food is awful, the staff incompetent and not wellcoming at all. The rooms are so bad, nothing works. If you stay in a bungallow, the jacuzzis don't work and the nets outside are teared because of the sun and wind. There is no maintenance and the person in charge of leisure is never arround. Rooms with view to the ocean? That's a joke...and so is the hotel's private beach. No maintenance at all, empty, the bar is closed all day, dirty. My evaluation has to be negative.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank JadeLisbon