“Don't stay till they improve”

Prodigy Beach Resort Natal
Ranked #38 of 92 Hotels in Natal
Porto
“Don't stay till they improve”
Reviewed September 25, 2009

This is an 5* Hotel. Is a seven year old Hotel. I've been a lot of times in Brasil and for me was the worst experience that I had. The hotel maintenance is terrible(broken spot lights, ripped bed sheets, etc). The hotel which as 2 restaurants only one is working for the main meals and the food is not interesting( Brasil as an excellent food, go eat outside). The internet is not free and the price and the way that you can use it is terrible. Prices for food are expensive for the quality.
I have made several claims and the general manager of the hotel was in fact very kindly and as solved some of my claims, but never the less he was incapable of solving other things that you expect to get from a 5* stars Hotel. I know that times are difficult but reducing the quality of your service can spoil a vacation of your clients. I also regret that a Portuguese Hotel chain shows to the world a lower service( I’m Portuguese). They need really to improve and it will nice if they visit some hotels in Asia to see what can be offered( is not difficult) and also visit other hotels in Brasil which have an excellent service( even hotels like Iberostar Praia do Forte which are “volume hotels”.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
8 Thank Ilidio
pestana, MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT at Prodigy Beach Resort Natal, responded to this review, February 8, 2010
Dear Customer
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Pestana Natal Beach Resort Hotel. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our serices.
The problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of the General Management. Issues that require any kind of investment are being forwarded to the main Direction. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Thank you again for your comments. We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.
Very Truly Yours,
The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Portugal
Reviewed August 16, 2009

I went to natal in July 2005 and I loved it!
The weather was amazing and I still remember when I got in the hotel and crossed the lobby and saw a magnificent landscpape of the pool area, the sea and the sunset, behind the main attraction of natal, "Morro do careca".
The staff were kind, polite and really helpful, as we spoke the same language (portuguese) all the comunication was smooth, but I ensure you that the staff can speak correctly other languages so, feel free to go to this hotel if you don't speak portuguese.
At the time it was the best hotel of the Rio Grande do Norte state (one of Brazil's states, where natal is located) and you could tell so, It was the safest hotel of all (at the time, the people who went to natal wiht us and stayed in other hotels, were assalted, some of them in the middle of the night, in their rooms while sleeping.
That, of course didn't occured in Pestana Nata, due to all the security they had, patrolling the hotel's private beach at night and all the bulfing entraces, and they have done it in a smooth discrete way, so wee didn't feel like in a fortress.
The food was amazing (I only had acess to breakfast but still, I have never seen so much food variety, with 17 different varieties of bread, crepes, gaufres, omelletes, cakes, everything you can imagine!) and the pool bar had snacks, light meals and the amazing Hula-hula (a drink made with pineaple, condensed mill,currant syrup,ice and cachaça (optional) drinks, with a pineaple as glass and a fancy decor.
The rooms were equipated air conditioner, private bathroom with hairdryer, tv with satelite an with a minibar, me and the girls loved the indaiá water, a brazilian mineral water brand that tasted fresh and really light, but there were also other drinks.

Feel free to visit Natal, it is a safe town by day, make those tours to pipa, where you are able to swim with the dolphins in the sea, to pirangi beach, where you can see also the words biggest cajueiro (caju tree), or even visit the natal fortress, and know the reason of the name of the city (Natal is Christmas in portuguese, when the navigators came to this city it was christmas day so it was called Natal).
Try also the food, I advise you to go to "Mangai", "Barraca do Caranguejo" (http://www.natal-brazil.com/food-and-drink/barraca-do-caranguejo.html) and "camarões" (http://www.natal-brazil.com/food-and-drink/camaroes.html) absolutely amazing! Don't forget to try the amazing brigadeirão cake (kind of chocolate with condensed milk cake) and to try "Império do Chopp", it was a place advised by the locals, not a fancy or a turistic place but I ate the best picanha of my life. I didn't enjoy Tábua de Carne restaurant, suposelly the most famous restaurant of natal.

I had and amazing time and, Natal was the best destination I went in all my life, I hope you enjoy as much as I did!

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
pestana, Management Assistant at Prodigy Beach Resort Natal, responded to this review, August 25, 2009
Dear Customer,
Thank you for choosing the Pestana Natal Beach Resort Hotel during your visit to the Northeast of Brazil.
We are glad to know that in general we have reached your expectations. Thank you for sharing your views with other travelers; your very detailed comments about the location, security, the quality of food and drinks, rooms, etc will for sure help other people to choose their accommodation and visiting Natal.
Since your stay in 2005, the hotel has gone through many refurbishing including the construction of a wonderful Spa. We take this opportunity to invite you to visit again.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2009

We stayed in January for 10 days and we had a great time. The hotel is excellent, amazing sea view from our balcony! The beach service was great, the only advice is to wake up early to get the sun loungers... otherwise you'll end up on a tower with no sun canopy... that was the only down point really, the hotel should have enough beach accesories for the service they offer, the beach itself is big so they have the space, they just need to invest to buy sun loungers for all the guests...
Everything else was great... we went walking on the beach until the Vila Do Mar hotel, and the beach there was very crowded...
If you are travelling to Natal, we recomend the Pestana.
And you can't miss going to the restaurant Camaroes (the old one) in town, it is the best!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Customer,
Thank you for choosing the Pestana Natal Beach Resort Hotel during your visit to Brazil. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our services. As you may know, so few people take the time to write reviews, when they are satisfied with a product.
We regret, however, that the beach service did not reach your expectation. Your comments about few accessories for guests have been forwarded to internal competent department for registration.
sweden
Reviewed August 4, 2009

nice hotel overall / avarage to poor food
large clean rooms, good airconditioning and friendly staff
we didint like like the food though
a hotel/ resort far from the city center with a very nice local restaurant near by ( farol da barra )- taking taxi

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lolloma
Dear Customer,
We are glad to know that in general you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for sharing your views with other travelers; your comments about the quality of food are being forwarded to A&B Department for registration.
We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you if you happen to visit the Northeast of Brazil in the future.
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed June 8, 2009

I've stayed in the Hotel for 6 nights during Decembro 2008.

the propose of the trip was a company meeting.

The hotel is very well located, near the Natal centre, near the restaurants in Via costeira and the disco's & clubs of Ponta Negra.

The room service worked extremely well, and every need i had was totally satisfied.

The rooms have large balconys with a fantastic ocean views.

i've always lunched at the Hotel, and i just have positive points about the food. Diversified and very well cooked.

the spa is very good!

the hotels beach is a bit dangerous, but theres always a lifeguard nearby.

enjoy the gigantic swimming pool!

have fun

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank Costa_Alves
Dear Customer
Thank you for choosing the Pestana Natal Beach Resort Hotel and for sharing your views about our product and services with other travelers. We are delighted to know through your kind message that in general you enjoyed your quick stay with us.
Certainly your comments are very important and will be forwarded to the main direction for registration.
We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.
Very Truly Yours,
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed March 31, 2009

If you want to a vacances near the city but with the flavour of a beach resort go to Pestana:
1. Friendly staff
2. Excellent location
3. Interesting beach (with sand all day) with hot water

Be carefull with the location of your room: if you stay close to the nort end of the building you could be surprised with an unexpected noise of the generator.

By the way, go to Camarões restaurant; it is an unforgetble experience!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
pestana, MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT at Prodigy Beach Resort Natal, responded to this review, April 22, 2009
Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing the Pestana Natal Beach Resort during your visit to Natal. As you may know, so few people take the time to write a review when they are satisfied with a product. Your comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations.

Except for the noisy generator, for which we apologize, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Best regards.

Rio
Reviewed March 28, 2009

This hotel was highly recomended by my travel agency and I decided to celebrate my birthday there with my 7 years old son and my mother. On the second day of staying my mother and I presented diarrhea, nausea and vomiting. On the third day my son presented the same symptoms and we had to drive him to the hospital. I talked to the manager and he assured me that he would supervise the restaurant. On the fourth day, I was having breakfast at the restaurant when part of the ceiling fell down on an empty table (fortunatly nobody got hurt). After this incident I left the hotel immediately and I will not come back there never ever again.

Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank Rosa011
Dear Customer

Thank you for taking the time to share your views about the Pestana Natal Beach Resort, regarding your recent stay with us. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations.

We regret, however, some unusual incidents occurred during your visit; the problems that you mentioned have been brought to the attention of the competent departments. We are sorry for the inconvenience, which for sure does not reflect the standard services of the Pestana Group.