“Best restaurant in Natal”

Manary Gastronomia & Arte
Ranked #6 of 2,663 Restaurants in Natal
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ponta Negra
Description: Fazemos parte de uma história de 18 anos servindo momentos de aromáticos prazeres, memoráveis experiências, borbulhantes comemorações, além dos saborosos pratos que vivem na memória de tantos que tivemos o privilégio de receber.Manary Gastronomia & Arte, com linda vista para o mar, propõe uma gastronomia brasileira sem fronteiras. Nossa culinária preza pelo quiabo e pelo jerimum, pelo camarão e a manteiga da terra, e pelas apresentações elegantes e contemporâneas que dialogam com a alta gastronomia mundial.Suas sobremesas - elogiadíssimas - prometem uma breve jornada ao encontro da felicidade.No menu, além de oferecemos nossa arte culinária, apresentamos o lúdico trabalho do grande artista local Flávio Freitas, que desvenda suas ilustrações juntamente com nossos pratos.Durante o dia, a pedida são os drinks e petiscos servidos no descontraído bar da piscina. À noite, o ambiente iluminado por tochas e velas, faz aflorar nossa característica mais marcante: o romantismo.- Horário de Funcionamento: 12h às 16h, 19h às 23h.- Aceitamos todos os cartões de crédito.Cobramos taxa de serviço de 10%.
Bergschenhoek, The Netherlands
“Best restaurant in Natal”
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Atmosphere very nice, perfect whines, very nice service. I had the carpacio as a starter and we took a mixed grilled fish plate together for 3 persons, more than enough for 3 people. This together with a nice chardonnay from Chili made the dinner complete. My brother in law took the picanha which was good. Go. I would not know a better restaurant in Natal. You will not be disappointed!

Visited January 2014

santiago, chile
“don't bother trying others!”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I was here for a week a few months ago and ate every meal here. I'm back again for another week and will be doing the same, as the food, service, atmosphere cant be beaten in Natal, I've read reports on other restaurants here and most have some or various negative comments, but this place no. I cant take these places that smother everything in one or more sauces or cheese, to try and give the food some taste. Here, no such thing. The menu is varied, and each dish freshly prepared, hence not for those in a rush, but for those who want excellent quality, and can enjoy a starter with a glass of wine, you'll find the main course is worth the wait. I cant compare prices with other places as I dont know any others, but compared with similar food in other countries, I dont find it expensive at all, with a main course at say US$20.

• Visited December 2013
Milwaukee, WI
“Outstanding food and atmosphere”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We were fortunate enough to have a native Brazilian take us to dinner here. He was able to finagle reservations on a busy night (it was raining, so all of the outdoor tables were unavailable). From the moment we sat down, everything was excellent. Our drinks were great, the appetizers were delicious, and the entrees were some of the most elegantly prepared dishes we have had anywhere. The combination of seasonings, spices, herbs, and sauces, along with the fish and risotto, made this a memorable meal. To top things off, they had a promotion where we received hand-painted plates from our entrees (carefully washed, dried, and boxed for us). This little place is secreted at the end of a street right off the beach in the Manary Hotel and is well-worth the price. If you are in Natal, don't miss it.

Toulouse, France
“very nice, but could still improve to reach the top!...”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Following the exceptional comments on tripadvisor I went to the restaurant at lunchtime.
I had a table on the seaside with very nice view on the beach. A nice caipirinha. Then I took a delicious fish entry marinated in lemon... too much lemon. You almost did not taste anymore the fish. Still, all ingredients were superbly fresh, and very nicely presented. If marinated in olive oil and less lemon it would have had the highest ratings. But that might be a matter of taste, for sure.
The main course was also a fish dish, a very tasty fish, cooked to perfection (!!!). Very subtle herbs, delicous. Unluckily (and I should have checked the menu a bit better), this fish was too salty (but that seems to be the local preparation). The white wine from Chile was fantastic. The waitors were very friendly, but sometimes I had to wait 10minutes before they saw me trying to get their attention (it was not a lack of waitors, and there was not too much to do). Prices are ok, but on the upper side, and expensive for Brazil.
My feeling is that this restaurant has everything to reach a very high level, and the ingredients are just superb. The food was nice, but I was a bit sad that out of such ingredients there was not a more subtle result, a more balanced one on the seasoning (lemon, salt,...).
I rate it a little 4 stars out of 5.
Perhaps I'm a bit too hard in my judgment, but I'm used to very good cuisine.
I'll probably give it a second try.

Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Whilst staying at the Manary Hotel, I had the opportunity to experience the restaurant food. Every meal was excellent, some dishes comprising of rather sublime food combinations which all worked really well. Add to the food quality the attentive service and location overlooking the Atlantic Ocean, what more could you ask for? The wine list was comprehensive and not overly expensive. The only thing missing was my wife, who was unfortunately busy in the UK! Next time.......????