“Relaxation”
Review of Chale 1100

Chale 1100
Ranked #4 of 38 Teresopolis B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Fantastic bed and breakfast in Teresopolis. We had a lovely stay in the Green room with fantastic views. during the day we walked into town or went trekking in the National Park. I would highly recommend staying here if you are looking for relaxation and great service from the owners Owen and Marcelo.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely but the green room is up the top and very private.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Chale 1100

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I've just spent a great weekend there and i am overwhelmed by its quietness and beauty. The owners are very mindful and great people. If you want to relax and currently looking for a great place to stay in Teresópolis with someone else i strongly recommend Chalé 1100. The Balcony sights are just beautiful. I will be back for sure.

Room Tip: All Rooms have a great view
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Me and my wife visited Chale 1100 last holiday (Easter) and our stay was just amazing, Owen and Marcelo were very friendly and helpful, and their place is very cozy, warm and confortable. We felt like we were at home and the view of the forest from the rooms is beautiful and very relaxing. I do recommend Chalé 1100 for those seeking peace of mind and a comfortable stay in a beautiful place with the best services provided by Chalé 1100 staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Me, my boyfriend and my little son stayed for 6 nights in Chale 1100 in January this year.

We had made a little tour in the Rio state starting from the city itself, then went to Ilha Grande to enjoy the beaches and the nature and finally to Teresopolis to enjoy the mountains and the nature. We had rented a car to visit Teresopolis and the easy ride up the mountain was already a delight... driving towards the Chale 1100 was even nicer, and once we got to the B&B, we just couldn't believe how stunning it was!

Owen and Marcelo welcomed us in their wonderful house. We got showed our room and...gosh! what a view! you are at the border of the National Park (Parque Nacional da Serra dos Orgãos - a must to all the nature lovers!) and your windows and terrace overlooks nothing but the lush Mata Atlantica, with a stream/river that separates the property from the Park. Just for this view, the place would be worth to be staying at.

BUT, it is not just this: the house is furnished with exquisite taste, the rooms are big and comfy. The breakfast is delicious (thank you for the care towards my son!). Owen and Marcelo are an absolute delight to talk with.

Teresopolis is nice to visit (not too big, but you got everything you need), and 6 days were perfect (3 days hiking, the rest doing day trips around: Petropolis, the road to Nova Friburgo, etc). The hikes are perfect for everyone too - from the easy ones to the more difficult ones.
We found a very good selections of restaurants in Teresopolis: I would recommend Tempero con Arte and Caldo de Piranha, but there are loads more! Oh, and the weather is perfect in summer: at 1000 meters above sea level, you can refresh a bit too!

All in all: I think that if you visit Rio you spend a few days in Teresopolis stay at Chale 1100: you would miss out quite something if you didn't!

Thank you Marcelo and Owen, we hope to see you again one day soon!

Caterina, Francesco e Sami

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here in January 2013 and didn't want to leave. I was lucky enough to get the blue room where you can lie in bed and look straight out onto the rainforest - who needs a television when you have this kind of view? The whole place is very tastefully furnished with lots of different spaces you can relax in, like on the balcony, around the pool or in the elegant living room. You can also walk down to the river and swim in the natural pool - very refreshing!
Owen and Marcelo couldn't have been more helpful, they guided me towards excellent local restaurants like Gamela, which I would not have found without them. The breakfasts at the hotel were great, fresh fruit, cake and home cooked eggs and pancakes.
Marcelo also makes lovely jewelry which you can buy, so I treated myself to a New Years present.
I would not hesitate to recommend this B&B and hope I can make it back to Brazil again one day to stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I visited Chale 1100 in December 2012. My stay was relaxing and comfortable especially as Owen and Marcelo were very welcoming and I felt at home immediately. I stayed in the Marron room which opened out onto the balcony with it's spectacular views of the hills and trees of the national park and the valley and river below. I slept like a log as it was quiet except for birds and the waterfall below. Very relaxing. Breakfasts were homely and delicious: lots of local fruit and local products. Owen and Marcelo have lots of local knowledge so we were able to take their advice on where to eat and local attractions to visit. I will be recommending Chale 1100 to all my friends and hope to return for a longer trip in the future.

Room Tip: Azul room has a spectacular window but all rooms have good views.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed for 4 days, including XMAS, and have nothing but good memories. Owen and Marcelo have a great B&B in a very nice relaxing location.

On top of that they really take care of their guests; there was the XMAS dinner and the special tea (to help me get rid of the fever and stomach flu).

Thanks for a great stay, Wilhard

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple