“impeccible presentation”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lagoa
Reviewed June 10, 2019

I don't know what to say except the food was fantastic. Pricey-yes, but not any more so than any fancy restaurant in the US. The sea bass and lamb loin was delicious. The lamb was very tender. The sea bass was my favorite. The service was excellent. The restaurant was small and cozy. great for a romantic dinner

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank 253medhab
Write a reviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed May 7, 2019 via mobile

Best restaurant in Rio de Janeiro. The food is very nice and the service is outstanding. The maître really makes you feel comfortable. After a while chatting, he sent us an extra course based on our preferences. It is the second time I went there in less than a month and it gets better and better. Do you know that kind of place where the staff remembers you and tries to make you feel fine? It is there. Best place in Rio. Lasai is also good. Oro is below these two.

Date of visit: May 2019
3  Thank Norlan_Navarro
Reviewed March 15, 2019

This was a most bizarre experience. Now I have visited 2 Michelin star restaurants in Rio, I cancelled the third, I realise they are not what we expect in the UK, or other countries I have eaten in. The service was ok but a little strange. They recommend the tasting menus - 5 dishes for £80 per head or 7 dishes for £90 per head. We opted for the 5 dish option. I have eaten at lots of Michelin star restaurants and eaten countless small dishes from a tasting menu. This was the worst selection yet.
They included...……a cube of Foie Gras on a cracker, one sliced Scallop in a spoonful of coffee, one (baked?) Oyster in its shell, a small piece of Skate with little tangerines on top, a nice piece of Fillet with a sweet potato puree and, I think as we looked disappointed, this was followed by fig tart and some chocolates. Nothing was particularly tasty whereas go to a Michelin star restaurant and I am normally wowed with one taste sensation after another.
My wife and I paid the £250 bill and left feeling hungry and bewildered.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed February 1, 2019

As a group of 7, we had made a reservation weeks in advance based on the supposed top rankings amongst Rio restaurants. We decided to do the 7 course tasting menu with the wine pairings. Notwithstanding, it was the worst meal we ate in Rio, it was also the most expensive by a lot. One of the courses was an egg!? Not one course stood out as innovative or exciting. There was also zero explanations of the courses or the wines that were being paired. The other random thing was - this is a small restaurant. No music playing. It was a super quiet and subdued atmosphere. We all left very very disappointed and annoyed we had paid so much (over $200 USD each).

Date of visit: January 2019
2  Thank icyoubaby
Reviewed January 16, 2019 via mobile

We had a great time! From reservation to desert, service was very professional and food was delicious.

It was not a cheap dinner, but we were very happy with quality, presentation and taste. Great to have a vegetarian menu, but also a team that well understands any dietary restriction!

We had a great time! Well deserved Michelin star!

Date of visit: January 2019