“Best meal in rio.”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lagoa
Reviewed December 26, 2018 via mobile

A fifteen minute drive from Ipanema, is just a jewel of a restaurant. Maybe 15 to 20 tables with a surprise tasting menu of seven courses. Ours had succulent scallops lobster and venison. Spot on wine pairings and great attentive staff. One of my favorites

Date of visit: December 2018
Write a reviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed July 12, 2018

I went to Olympe with my boyfriend to celebrate the end of our Brazil trip. Overall, our experience was very pleasant and the food was certainly in it's own class. However, for being a Michelin Star restaurant and one of the top 100 in the world, a few dishes missed the mark. We did the chef's 7 course menu, and of the 7 dishes, I absolutely loved 4 of them (Lobster, Scallops, Duck and the coconut dessert). The rest were still very good, but could've been more flavorful.

The main reason I knocked off a star is due to the following:
1) we got charged for bread that was put on our table. Being such an expensive restaurant and considering we paid USD$340 for our meal, it seemed a bit cheap to charge for bread that we didn't even ask for.
2) The food came out quicker than I wanted for the first few courses. As soon as we finished one course, the other one came within 30 seconds. At a multi-course meal, I want to enjoy the experience and have a chance to savor my previous course prior to delving into the next one. It would've been nice to have a 5 minute gap between each of the courses. In addition, there were a few times serves came to our table to check if we were done prior to us finishing the course, in which I felt a little rushed.

Putting the service aside, the food was still brilliant and wonderful. I definitely recommend a visit for those who are looking for first class food with decent to subpar service.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

This is probably of the worst possible restaurants you can go considering value for money. Not only in Rio, but probably around the world.
They charge you like 200 USD for a seven course meal with wine paring (which I found all of them terrible food and wine matches).
No special taste at all, nothing astonishing in look or quality or even experience. If you go to Chicago or London with the same money you will experience something real.
This restaurant is a big fraud and nothing, absolutely nothing matches a Micheline star.
Not the food, not the waiters, not the wine, not he sommelier, not value for money. Don’t go there if you don’t want to feel like a fool.

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank Aidin489
Reviewed May 19, 2018 via mobile

Yesterday I was here with friends, I liked everything except dessert, and my husband was not lucky, his fillet of duck could not be chewed at all. But there was one problem, we were terribly frozen, my friends got sick today. Therefore, their mood was very bad.
Well, the price is of course very high, the supper cost more than in two Michelin stars

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 30, 2018

excellent experience. right timing for the food. satisfaction and value for money. it is an international experience in Rio.

Date of visit: April 2018