“Quite expensive, and thoroughly enjoyable.”
Review of Olympe

Olympe
Ranked #76 of 13,739 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lagoa
Reviewed August 20, 2017

We finally returned to the restaurant, after more than 10 years, and were once again treated to a wonderful dinner. As before, we payed much more than we are used to, but if you are considering price, you should not think about entering the door. We had the 5 course tasting menu, one of them with harmonizing wine (there occurred the only negative surprise, because for one of the dishes I got a beer, which I do not enjoy). Anyway, the chosen wines were excellent. Each of the dishes was exquisite, delicious, and very original. The staff is very attentive and helpful.

Date of visit: August 2017
Write a reviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed July 22, 2017

Mixing French cuisine with Brazilian ingredients, Olympe is my favorite restaurant in Rio. You can't go wrong there, everything is delicious!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed April 25, 2017 via mobile

I came prepared to love this restaurant. The name Troisgros sets high expectations. We ordered the 7-course tasting menu, and my husband ordered the wine accompaniments; I ordered a glass of white and a glass or red; we both had a glass of sparkling rose to start. The bill came to 1,500 RS. Alas, on the whole we were disappointed.

The surprises:
* As others have noted, the servers do not speak English. The sommelier spoke a bit of English and we speak a bit of Portuguese, so we did fine but missed many details about the dishes. We appeared to be the only foreigners in the restaurant, and the wealthy regulars appear to be the target clientele.
* The munchie served with our aperitif wines was simply two breads and butter. But the breads and the butter were both wonderful. (We realized when reviewing the bill that there is a charge for the bread and butter.)
* The "amuse bouche" that kicked off the meal was, by our count, the first of the seven courses. No little extra goodies, so typical of high-end restaurants, appeared during the meal.
* I had to point out to the waiters that I had not received my glass of wine.
* Our reaction to the first significant course, a bland ricotta with pickled vegetables, was simply, "What were they thinking?"
* My husband's wine pairings included one Belgian beer with notes of cilantro, a delight. Overall the wine parings were very good.
* And then there was the pork belly dish. It was a technical marvel, exquisite in taste and texture. It pretty much saved the day.
* Service fell far short of a typical 1* Michelin restaurant. Surely the Troisgros name is propping up the score, because a no-name chef would not receive such a generous nod.

Date of visit: April 2017
3  Thank audace11
Reviewed January 24, 2017

We had a great lunch here. It is a very formal restaurant, with the waiters in suits and very attentive, but I enjoy that occasionally and the food was wonderful.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed January 7, 2017 via mobile

French inspired but with smart use of Brazilian typical ingredients. Very creative and innovative menu. Is expensive but worth it if you can splurge and want a change from the typical Brazilian fare. Wine list is not big but has a variety of international wines that are quite expensive. Desserts are also a hit.
Service is very professional and attentive.
Unquestionably One of the top restaurants In Rio