“Excellent....... Total change from the past visit..... excellent.”
Review of Olympe

Olympe
Ranked #32 of 14,116 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lagoa
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Excellent in every way the redone interior, service and the food was amazing. Was here a few years ago was not happy and said never go back, but friends said it had improved and wow it really has, enjoyed a great birthday dinner, had the tasting menu it was excellent cant wait to go back. The foie gras plate was unbelievable. The deconstructed cheese cake to die for, well done you guys.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Very nice small restaurant, the best in town for French cousine. Go on lunch hour, the executive menu is very good and the price is much better - really reasonable for the quality. The service is also top. You will find some suits and romantic couples.

1  Thank Marcos_traveller
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Olympe is an amazing restaurant. It is however rather expensive. Our meal for 2 came out to about $380-$390 USD. Only one wine course was served. We both enjoyed the five course tasting menu.

SERVICE – Service was impeccable. There was English speaking staff; however they were far from fluent. This is fine as it should not be expected. The wine was served perfectly. I believe a couple fewer minutes between courses would be a decent improvement, but it was far from slow. All-in-all it was a well executed meal. The chef’s came out to discuss the meal with us and explain the subtle nuances of the dishes as their English was better than their staff. This was a great touch. 5/5

AMBIANCE / PLATING – The ambiance is stellar. The entire restaurant speaks first class. Cutlery and plates are amazing and well suited to the meal. The wine glasses are phenomenal, and the general layout of the restaurant is well done. On the plating side of things, I would say that things could be improved somewhat. While 3 out of 5 of our dishes were plated well, the others were uninspired despite the great taste. My girlfriend put it as it had no “wow” factor, which I tend to agree with. 4/5

FOOD – The food is on point. We decided to have a five course tasting menu. I can happily say that all five courses were impressive without a single miss. I do not know the actual names of the dishes, so I apologize for not fully representing each dish.

Amuse-bouche – The amuse-bouche was a cold corn cream soup. It was pleasant, but I would not say it was amazing. 3.5/5

Octopus Terrine with Pickled Vegetables – This was amazing. The octopus was incredibly tender, which can be difficult to achieve. The sauce was on-point and made the saltiness of the terrine perfect. The vegetables were great. 5/5

Cod Fish with Mashed Potatoes – This is a strange dish. The mashed potatoes were used to incorporate a butter flavor on the cod fish. It worked great and tasted great. I am not a seafood person, I enjoyed this and it was quite inventive. 4.5/5 – Plating could have been better, which knocked it down the half point.

Fish – This fish was different and great at the same time. The fish had a very unique crust. There was a sauce that was made with yucca from the Brazilian rain forest and thickened with the flower of the plant. The fish was great, the sauce was great. 4.5/5

Quail with Grape Sauce – The quail was great. The sauce was great. This entire dish was great. I thoroughly enjoyed this and would have this any day. 5/.5

Dessert 1 – Berry Soufflé with Berry Sorbet – Best soufflé I have ever had. This dish was loved so much my fiancé stole this dessert from me. It was her birthday so I had to let her. 5/5

Dessert 2 – Crepe Passion – This was a pancake based soufflé with a sharp passion fruit sauce. It was great, but perhaps a touch too sweet. 4/5

Wine – The wine pairings were great. Being a predominantly seafood based meal, there were a lot of whites, but I found the wines strong and bold. The only red of the night was a fantastic blend that I wish I wrote down the name. A nice addition would be if they would give you a card with the each wine during each tasting. 4/5

It was a terrific meal. Another must go to in Rio as long as one has the money.

3  Thank tcbmind
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We decided to try Olympe with 2 friends after reading several reviews. First impression was good. Small restaurant with good ambience but you have to book in advance and no staff speaks English. We all had 5 course taster menu and agreed It was excellent.

Olympe is expensive but delivers good quality food, good service and atmosphere. Save up and go for special occasion.

1  Thank Thomas041152
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Olympe was just an amazing experience. We got in without reservations on a Thursday night. But every table Was occpied.
We ordered the 5 course menu (you can choose 4 dishes from the menu and a desert. Waw! What an amazin experience. But awfully expensive though. We left the restaurant about 800 r$ poorer. And this without even ordering wine. But it was wurth it