“Waw”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lagoa
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Olympe was just an amazing experience. We got in without reservations on a Thursday night. But every table Was occpied.
We ordered the 5 course menu (you can choose 4 dishes from the menu and a desert. Waw! What an amazin experience. But awfully expensive though. We left the restaurant about 800 r$ poorer. And this without even ordering wine. But it was wurth it

There are newer reviews for Olympe

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Ambience is beyond compare. The decor is super tasteful and the noise level appropriate. The restaurant is in constant motion which is nevertheless barely noticeable. The staff is totally professional and attentive but never overbearing. The kitchen is visible from the dining room which only adds to the allure.

The food is french inspired and unique in presentation. Absolutely perfect from start to finish. Each dish is as interesting to observe as it is to eat. This restaurant has it all. It is worth every penny and then some.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

It's a very good french restaurant, with a famous chef (Claude Troigross). We went there for lunch, when the price is lower. Everything was very good and we had a good time.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Olympe is the best restaurant I've ever been to. The atmosphere is really nice, the place is not big so revervation is a must! The waiter was very thoughtful and helped suggesting the menu.
I went there with my husband and we asked for the menu Confiance which was amazing! I have food restrictions so a few dishes were different for me, even asking for the same type of menu than my husbands. The couvert was also really good! Everything was perfect besides the value of things, I would definitely go back but only in special ocasions.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

The first time I met Claude was in Itaipava, in 2004, when he himself cooked (or least supervised) dinner at the once luxurious "Capim Limão". There were more guests than the hotel and its staff could serve and my husband (at that time) couldn't get his desert delivered to our table. Some other guest had 2 of them and it was truly sad, because desert was the golden perfection, it was "Crepe Passion". Dinner and wine were perfect as well, we were all delighted and hoping that Claude would be there again the next day. Claude is extremely lovely.

Four years ago I had dinner at Olympe and it was disappointing not to meet Claude there, and to make things worst, I ordered the same "caille" (quail) I had previously tried in Itaipava. One should never try to have same feelings again in different places, with different people.
So that was when I decided to try my boyfriend's choice, that was right in front of me and just ready to be deliciously tasted. It was the mouth watering "risotto" with shrimps.
The service was very slow, we had to wait half an hour for desert and I can't remember what it was, so I think it was not as tantalizing as the Crepe Passion.
Olympe is not one of the 10 restaurants you should try before you die, but it is one of the best.