“So Cool!”

Casa Cool Beans B&B
Ranked #1 of 343 Rio de Janeiro B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Incredible hospitality from Lance et al. at CCB. Santa Teresa is a wonderfully atmospheric base for exploring the cidade maravilhosa.
Our family of four occupied Rooms 1 & 2 on the ground floor with a huge semi-private patio.
Several excellent restaurants within a 5/10 minute walk- our favorites were Sobrenatural, Espirito Santa and Rustico with Aprazivel being a more up-market option with a great view.
Strongly recommend Marco for tours- we learned so much that otherwise would have been missed.
Another must do is a bike tour with Bruno (bike.inriotours.com)
Thanks again to Lance and Sergio for an unforgettable stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This is my second stay at CCB, this time with my three sons for a period of 6 days during the 2014 World Cup in Rio. I am delighted to report that all the positives are still there: unique neighborhood, large clean and comfortable rooms, great breakfast with fresh tropical fruit, fabulously helpful service from Lance, Sergio and team. All in all a wonderful experience, so I am more than gratified to reiterate my wholeheartedly very positive recommendation from last year.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Right from the initial booking, the correspondence with CCB was very prompt; some links they emailed us to check out and get to know Santa Teresa and Rio were helpful. The service and hospitality provided by Lance, Sergio, David and their staff is exceptional. The room was clean, and comfortable, and esthetically pleasant (heavy wood, stone, greenery). There was a great variety of things at breakfast including Tea/coffee/juices,breads, meat, cheeses, fresh fruit (mango, papaya, pineapple - very juicy/ sweet were our favorite), yoghurt, cake and made to order eggs, which were perfect and fueled us for a lot of walking. Lance would get with us in the morning during breakfast, and help us organize our day. We had some great conversations with him and other guests during our stay. It is about a 20 min up and down walk from the Gloria Subway station, which we did daily (to compensate for all day grazing of brazilian snacks, and caiprinhias :). The taxis to Lapa were around 11-20 BR. Kudos to CCB, our 3 day stay was perfect, and we would definitely recommend it for "beyond the run of the mill hotel stay". Thanks so much guys! Y & S.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Smallwrld
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Lance and serge went out of their way to make our stay the best. Fantastic breakfast to cater for all tastes and couldn't do enough to organise use of any spare time we had. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with this establishment or it's beautiful surrounding. I took my 21 year daughter and we both had a marvellous time

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My brother and I stayed at CCB for nearly two weeks during the World Cup and it was an amazing experience. As mentioned in many of the reviews, Lance and Sergio were very helpful in all aspects of the trip from start to finish. I'm not sure I've ever met owners who are as engaged in the every day operations of the business.

As an added bonus and a testament to Lance, he really went the extra mile for me. When I originally booked my reservation, the bank accidentally sent two wires to CCB. Lance went out of his way to assist me in reversing one of the wires. Additionally, tragedy struck when I arrived and I lost one of my World Cup tickets. Lance connected me with a family staying in CCB who gave me a ticket to the Colombia/Uruguay game.

I can't say enough good things about CCB. You can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Lance is very helpful with Rio trip planning and the property is attractive. We loved Santa Teresa for its local charm, especially in the evenings but it is out of the way from the other parts of Rio and takes some taxi planning. The room was large but nor overly impressive.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NicaCasey
Reviewed July 7, 2014

In the top 3 places I have stayed ever. Santa Teresa is the best spot in Rio with great bars and cafes we were so lucky to find it. And Casa Cool Beans is a wonderful place to stay. The setting is peaceful and our rooms were very comfortable. Breakfast on the terrace is the way to start the day. Best of all though is the hospitality of Lance, the owner and Sergio, the manager. Nothing was too much trouble and they helped us get the most out of our stay.
If we go back to Rio I wouldn't stay anywhere else.
Peter Jones July 2014

Room Tip: All good but the one with the private terrace and, I think, no 7 at the top of the house are best.