I honestly can not say enough good things about Casa Cool Beans. Lance and David are class acts and the house is stunningly beautiful.
My girlfriend Jackie and I are a young couple and were looking for the ultimate land vacation after years of cruising around the world. We love the "off the beaten path" aspect of travel, and through tons of research, found this little nugget in the gorgeous neighborhood of Santa Teresa.
When we arrived at Casa Cool Beans after a long overnight flight, we were instantly greeted by David at the front gate. He helped us carry our bags to the lobby, and started to explain all of the features and amenities of the house. We then met Lance who offered us the chance to sit for breakfast. I thought this was very considerate since we arrived long before the normal check-in time.
Breakfast is delicious. Each day a sampling of breads, danish, cheeses and meats are placed out for people to enjoy buffet style. They also have several yogurts to choose from and will make eggs to order, with options like scambled or fried, and add-ins such as veggies and cheeses.
When breakfast was over, Lance let us know that they were working on our room and that it should be ready within 15 minutes. This was fantastic news, as Jackie and I were both needing a shower before we ventured out into Rio. Moments later, the room was ours and the owners helped us carry our luggage and get settled in.
Every morning throughout the week Lance, David or Sergio (manager) would join us at breakfast to answer any questions we had about Rio and to ensure that we had a plan for the day and knew how to get around. This is unbelievably helpful in a city like Rio, which at times, could be a little confusing to navigate. Because of the CCB team's daily tips and tricks, Jackie and I ALWAYS felt safe no matter where we went and never got lost.
The house and it's surrounding neighborhood are beautiful. Because the property is behind a locked gate that only staff and clients have access to, you can rest assured that guest safety is a #1 priority. With that said, Santa Teresa is a place where you can walk the streets day or night. There are always tourists and locals walking around and if you make a wrong turn someone will be glad to help you. This hillside town has AMAZING views of Rio and is chock-full of hole-in-the-wall bars as well as a wide range of restaurants that will meet a variety of standards and expectations.
Whether you are looking for a wild travel adventure in a great city, or you're looking for a tranquil place to read a book, Casa Cool Beans is an excellent place to call home each night. This is a team of professionals who maintain a lovely place to stay. Casa Cool Beans will NOT disappoint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Cool Beans B&B-Santa Teresa! Beautiful B&B in the central district of artsy Santa Teresa. Each room with A/C, ceiling fans, free WiFi, frigobars and en-suite bathroom. Swimming pool with sun terrace. Just minutes to the Bonde, bars, restaurants & shops of hip Santa Teresa; metro and tourist attractions. Offering one of the best deals in Rio de Janeiro! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com and Hotwire so you can book your Casa Cool Beans B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Cool Beans Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Casa Cool Beans B&B Rio De Janeiro, Brazil