“Cool place to stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Houston, Texas
“Cool place to stay”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Choosing this location for our stay made our trip so enjoyable. Could not have asked for better hosts. They made sure every detail was taken care of and they took the time to help us plan out our day and get around Rio. I would recommend this place to everyone !

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I was in Rio/Brazil on business and decided to extend my stay so that I could explore the city a bit. I'd been staying in a nondescript business hotel in downtown Rio (could have been Detroi!) and am interested in the arts so Santa Teresa area intrigued me on both arts and historical level (colonial buildings were amazing) plus who would want to miss the Bonde ride? Friend recommended Casa Cool Beqns and I couldn't have been happier with my stay. Room was great (2x size of biz hotel room and FAR more comfortable and tasteful). Location was great. breakfast was delish. And Lance was the perfect host. Mousse a sweetie. Clean, tasteful, welcoming place. A real oasis.HIGHLY recommended.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 17, 2011

We started our honeymoon in Rio de Janeiro. Originally we were booked in another hotel but the day before we left home we were transferred to Casa Cool Beans. Off course we cannot compare our originally booked hotel with Casa Cool Beans but let's just say we were not at all disappointed with the change.
The owner Lance is a true host; friendly, helpfull and warm. He makes you feel at home in his Casa and in Rio de Janeiro.
The casa is located in the artistic area Santa Teresa and is very charming, beautiful decorated and offers great hospitality. With a lovely roof terrace, swimming pool and a delicicious breakfast (fresh fruit and freshly baked cakes every morning) it is the best place to stay in Rio de Janeiro.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Rhode Island
Reviewed June 14, 2011

I just stayed for 2 nights at Casa Cool Beans and it was perfect for what I needed. Lance was extremely friendly and helpful, breakfast was delicious (I had been traveling in South America for a month and was desperately missing eggs, so when I got my 2 sunny-side-up for breakfast I was embarrassingly happy), the room was beautiful, the building is safe and in a great location, and Santa Teresa is an awesome neighborhood with cool restaurants, bars, and friendly people.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank cecigold
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I would like to give my very best regards to Dave, Lance and Mousse at Casa Cool Beans in Rio's Santa Theresa District. I recently spent several nights there along with my wife, daughter, son and daughter-in-law. We had a delightful time in Rio and at Casa Cool Beans. As this was our first visit to Rio, Lance was there for us to explain everything we needed to know to make our visit enjoyable. He spent literally as much time with us as we had questions to ask. His enthusiasm was infectious, he and Dave both love their Casa, their Work, and Rio.

Our room was spacious and very clean, the bed comfortable. The bathroom was large with plenty of room in the shower. Each morning Lance fixes up a most excellent omelet while helping guests gathered at the common table with their daily plans. Breakfast includes fresh bread and a variety of tropical fruits that Lance buys at local markets each morning. Also included were cakes, fresh cold-cuts, cheese, juice and coffee. It is truly a lovely way to start the day.

We highly recommend this friendly Bed and Breakfast located in the quiet artistic Santa Teresa quarter of Rio. Casa Cool Beans contributed highly to the fun we enjoyed in Rio de Janerio.

Kevin Smith

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
London
Reviewed June 11, 2011

My girlfriend and I had been travelling around the world for six months, and Casa Cool Beans was the last place we stayed before flying home. We booked it whilst in Cuzco in Peru about a week before, but couldn't pay the deposit online due to a card problem - we were due to leave for a Machu Picchu trek the next morning early, so had no way of dealing with this for 5 days, but Lance was fine with this, and kindly agreed to reserve our room for us without a deposit.

During our stay, Lance and David were absolutely brilliant with advice, and never ran out of time for us. We took a lot of Lance's time especially, and he really seemed to know the area - the recommendations we had from him were brilliant, and it felt like a side of Rio which a lot of tourists would probably never see. I can't thank him enough for all the helpful, friendly advice!

The guesthouse itself is lovely - clean, a nice vibe, quiet, and with the best breakfast we had in six months. Every night we would go to sleep thinking about it next morning!

Lance and David seem like the kind of people you don't meet that often in life, who are genuinely happy in what they do, and enjoy making other people's lives easier and more joyful - how nice to finish our trip on that note. They have an instinctive grasp of the most simple principle - that a few small gestures, delivered in a genuine manner with a smile, are worth more than anything else in terms of customer loyalty.

This is actually the only place I've reviewed from our whole trip to date so far - I wasn't going to sign up to the site, but these guys earned it!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Leighton Buzzard, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2011

On holiday in Rio with my other half and sister for a few nights.

The welcome and service was warm, genuine and very helpful. The room was large, comfortable and spacious and the breakfast was delicious.

The house is in a wonderful neighbourhood and we'd definitely go back.

Thanks Lance, David and Mousse!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family