“A bit of Japan in Rio”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Copacabana
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Certainly one can not compare the variety of Asian restaurants in Sao Paulo with the one in Rio, but this restaurant is the one if you get tired if regular Brazilian meat, rice and beans. The place owned by Japanese and feels really genuine. Wonderful food and reasonable prices.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I never thought that sushi in brazil can be so good, the little restaurant definitely offers the real deal. I'm not a sushi expert but I tried enough to know what good sushi taste like but I loved everything here. I ended up going back 2 evenings in a row and introduced it to my friends.

Food is great but the service quality can really improve a little bit, especially staffs who works upstairs...I ordered a miso soup and it took 45 mins because the staff forgot about it...it happened both time I eat here.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Azumi is probably the only authentic Japanese restaurant in Rio. We always love to eat here as the quality of the food is always top notch. The sashimi is always fresh and delightful. We always love to get the agedashi tofu, the crab korokke and a shashimi platter. The portions of the dishes are great and the service is great here as well. The girls always remember us and are super friendly. Definitely one of Rio's best restaurants!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Azumi is one of the most authentic Japanese restaurants I've ever been to in my life. It's a family business. They serve nothing but amazing fresh comfort food. If you want to eat sushi and sashimi, go to a churrascaria. Just don't be afraid to try new things here, they have an extensive menu and everything I had was top notch.
The ambiance is not the greatest if you're not sitting in one private spaces where they have a mat and a big low table, which is totally awesome btw. But who cares, the food is so good that I could be sitting on the floor and I wouldn't mind.
It's definitely on the pricey side but well worth it, in my opinion.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Very good and fresh fish in the most traditional Japanese stile, where we tried some kinds of fishes that we have never tasted before.
It's quite expensive ( approximately RS$ 170 per person, drinking water and beer) and this is our only negative comment about the restaurant.
The service is quick and polite, the restaurant is simple, but very clean.
Once in a while it's ok to go there.
As already mentioned in previous comments, it' absolutely necessary to book the table, since the restaurant is small.