See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 9, 2018 via mobile

I booked here for last October via Agoda to experience new atmosphere , and to save my budget for accommodation.My card got charged thrice even though I paid cash upon checked in so instead of saving some money, I lost thrice the amount

The hostel is small and the room is quite dirty and lot of mosquitoes or maybe it's because of some filthy guest.
Bathroom is small but it serves the purpose.
Wifi only works in the reception area and breakfast was just enough.
I would never recommend this hostel, except if you want your money to be stolen and dont even get someone to contact to ask for a refund.
Location is good though because it is near the office I have some business with.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank RealTravellingMaya
Reviewed October 23, 2018

My partner and I visited Rio earlier in the year and I couldn't recommend this hostel highly enough. We stayed in a private room on the ground floor. The staff did everything possible to make our visit Rio the best it could possibly be. The tours we arranged through them were fantastic. It was located centrally between Ipanema beach and the lake. Again, book this place!! Reasonably priced, great location and brilliant staff.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank H3604OTjamest
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

For the price and location this place is spot on. We stayed in a private room - bunk beds and attached wet room with a bit of a dodgy door on it but we made do!
Location is amazing, close to the metro, the beach and the area felt very safe. We happily walked around after dark and had no issues at all.
I notice some complaints about the lack of English - I disagree and felt it was more our fault that we didn’t speak Portuguese! However this was our first stop on a 1 year latinamerican trip and we’d spent more time learning Spanish than anything else!

I would give 4 stars but there was a mix up with our booking and we had to spend 1 night in their sister hostel, then pack up and move back for the remaining 2 nights. At least they were able to accommodate us!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2018

Location is very good. Juanjo was very helpfull and gives us great tips - also in english. Unfortunatley, the other persons didn't speak any english, so it was difficult to get some information. I had some brasilian girls in the rooms they only want to do party, so the sleep wasn't really good.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 21, 2018

At the beginning the hostel seemed nice, the staff was friendly, however after first nights we discovered we had bedgubs and both me and my friend were beaten really badly. When we discovered it I decided to go through their beds to check them and of course I found many of them, some of them were already dead and some still alive. When we showed it to the guy, who was working there, he simply said that we must have broguht them with us and said they can change our bedsheets. After discovering more bedbugs in both of our beds, he just said that its weird because they never had this problem before, right after admitting that they just did an extermination, so that's why we have dead ones (cus of course nobody cleaned it), which obviously shows that we were not the ones who brought them with us. The guy from the staff till the end was saying that it is our fault and that we are the ones who brought the bedbgs with us, he did not propose to us any solution, just gave us new sheets, which we had to change ourselves and get rid of dead bedbugs. Thankfully it was our last night, so we did not have to spend more nights in there! So I highly recommend checking your bedsheets before sleeping in there, specially the blue ones that are already on bed, as they are the ones that they do not change. Apart from that the bathrooms were dirty, the breakfast would end up really fast, so my friends had to wait until somebody will finally put fresh cheese and ham and when we wanted to drink caiprinha they said that they do not have ice so they will not make it for us at the same time informing that it is also prohibited to bring your own alcohol.

Date of stay: March 2018