All reviewsmodern luxurygreat hoteluberbarraloungenoisepoolrio
Reviewed June 7, 2017

the hotel itself could not be more beautiful, and well looked after. the food was amazing, the staff are excellent- the only negative is that there are 'ladies of the night' outside the hotel main entrance selling themselves all night and they are not quiet!
the beach front, the views, everything was perfect inside the hotel the pool is beautiful, if you are in Rio you must visit! Paradise!

Room Tip: get sea view away from side entrance where the prostitutes stand
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank ColleenFw85
Luciana M, Gerente de recepção at LSH Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2017

Dear Mrs. ColleenFw85,
Thank you for your visit, and for your helpful review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciated your compliments regarding our property. Thank you for your preference, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the LSH Hotel in the near future.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed April 5, 2017

This is the best hotel I've been in Rio de Janeiro by far! From the amazing staff to the amazing amenities! Me and my family were so delighted with the hotel that we decided to come back! Our second stay was even better than the first! They just keep on making this hotel even better and better! Hope to visit soon again! :)))

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Barbara M
Luciana M, Gerente de recepção at LSH Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

Dear Barbara M,
We would like to thank you for staying with us at the LSH Barra Hotel and for taking the time to send us your valuable comments. It is always a real pleasure receive you and your family in our hotel. We are so glad to read your feedback regarding our level of services and our staff. At LSH Barra we pledge to provide the finest personal service and facilities for our guests who will always enjoy a warm ambient and consequently turn your stay into Special Moments.
We do hope to have the opportunity in the near future to welcome you back at our hotel. Thank you again for having shared your experience with us.
Cordially,

Reviewed January 1, 2017

Still under the Trump flag, from check in to check out, the experience could not be better! The service is amazing and all the staff are very kind and polite. The room we booked had two double beds, and upon availability, they didn't hesitate to put us in a room with a king size bed. The quality of Trousseau bed linen and L'Occitane products add a special touch to the spacious bedroom. On the balcony, a comfortable lounger allows you to enjoy the beautiful view of the sea. The infinity pool area is really cool. The lounge with private beds, overlooking the sea is perfect for relaxing. Breakfast is included in the rate and is offered at the Esplanada Grill Restaurant, as buffet. Simply delicious! Highlight for Juice Detox. Wifi good throughout. The experience was so pleasant that even while we were there we booked a new stay for the following month.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
4  Thank HotelExp E
Luciana M, Gerente de recepção at LSH Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2017

Dear HotelExp E,
Thank you very much for choosing the LSH Barra Hotel, and for sharing your feedback with us.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay!
We pledge to provide the finest personal service and facilities for our guests who will always enjoy a warm and relaxed ambient and consequently turn your stay into Special Moments.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. We are at your disposal.
Kind regards,

Reviewed December 27, 2016

What a disappointment! You would think that a Trump Hotel would be in a decent neighborhood, but there were hookers and drug dealers outside our window at 3 am with noise all night long!! We had no ocean view at all, as promised--the building is situated in such a way that ocean view is impossible from most rooms. Unsafe to walk around in the evening. We had no patio furniture to sit on on our balcony. The room was reasonably nice, but no nicer than a Howard Johnson's in the States-certainly not what you would expect from the name Trump. The shower was leaking and overflowing onto the floor and the toilet did not work and so they had to change our room. The neighboring buildings were covered with graffiti and that was the view from the other side of the hotel. Practically none of the staff spoke or understood English. Again, with the name Trump and the expectation of world wide travelers, you would think that the staff would be multilingual. If you don't know Portuguese, you are out of luck. I was promised a full refund for my troubles and disappointment and a promise of putting me up in the neighboring Sheraton for the second night after a miserable first night, and in the end, after much haggling, they finally compensated for only one out of the two nights and never moved me.
They are still under construction and the hammering began at 7:39 a.m. and construction evidence was all over the place.
Think long and hard before you book this hotel. You will NOT be going to a true Trump hotel by any means.
Breakfast was ample. There are no business amenities to speak of. The pool was lovely but small. The deck area overlooks graffitied roof tops.
Julia, a new hire at the front desk was the only truly competent empathetic employee and deserves accolades.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the north, not the graffiti laden south. Ask for a room more toward the beachline
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NomoreCosta
Luciana M, Gerente de recepção at LSH Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2017

Dear NomoreCosta,
We would like to thank you for choosing the Trump Hotel, as well as your feedback regarding your last stay.
We are very sorry to learn that you encountered certain situations whilst visiting us.
I am looking forward to welcoming you again to our beautiful Rio.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed August 31, 2016

To be fair, this property wasn't really completed yet and was still in its finishing stages. The staff did their best despite the circumstances. The taxi and uber drivers don't know about this hotel location, yet. So I always showed them the address and the area map on my phone. Hailing a cab at the hotel is difficult too, the hotel staff had to walk down the street and attempted to grab one for me. Uber/Uber English is a better choice.

The property is small compared to the other luxury hotels around the area. My room on the third floor had a balcony and faced an active park across the street (people were playing beach football (soccer) until 2:30AM and you can hear the players.) Sunday morning, there is a Farmers Market across the street and vendors were setting up late Saturday / early Sunday morning. You can hear the noise in your room. I saw hotel staff walk out and ask the vendors to quiet the noise a few times. Hopefully in the future, every one can work together to settle this noise problem.

My room was great, not too small, enough for a person taking a business trip with enough desk space with my laptop and room to write. I doubt you want to host someone in there. Modern luxury room, AC control easy to use. Nice flat screen TV had your basic English channels you would expect from an American chain hotel. Wifi in the room was no problem and easy to connect. Bed was very comfortable! Nice bathroom with the water fall shower and hand spray. Toilet paper was nice multi-ply and soft. If I was just rating the room and helpful staff, it would be an almost 5 star review.

The gym was very basic, the outdoor area / (Pool area?) was still being built and off limits. Breakfast wasn't included in my rate, so I never tried. Room service ends at 11PM. There are resturants around the area but they close early too. No supermarket nearby, so grab what you need before going back to your hotel for the night.

Now, would I come back to this hotel? I'll see if they work out the kinks before deciding again. I grabbed this hotel due to a last minute change during the Olympics, so really my choices then were very slim to none. There are a lot hotels around Barra de Tijuca so read the reviews before picking one.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled on business